• Its OK if done well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't understand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
I reckon we seeing loads more scratching and trickery now that craze is on the scene, but what do people think of it?

Personally I get pretty bord just mixin tunes in and I'm always trying to do something different, but I must admit most sounds crap if its not spot on.

Are there any other pro djs that do any of this stuff live, apart from the (aged) scratchmaster Hype, craze, +one and marky?

yes klusta, turntabilism is heavy mate, but more for watching then raving 2, mans that can do that have bare skills - definately more skilled than just beat mixing methinks.

Its good if done well, but it has a time and place. The dance floor is not it.
As someone else said, you cant dance to it. If I go to a club I want to be able to dance to the music, not stand and watch some dj fuck about with a beat.
It belongs at events like the DMC mixing championship. Ever watched a video of one of those events? Everyone is just standing and watching, doesnt exactly make for a good club vibe does it!

know what ya saying destiny, but methinks that a short set in the middle of a heavy night could prove a welcome respite... we was thinkin of getting someone to do this at our next event. :P

can be very wicked!

if u wanna see some decent check dj system d out !!!
(belgian dj) WICKED

If it's well done, I love it, ... if it's not descent, it ruins me night ...

big to the one like marky, hype(though it's always the same iii-ii--iiii-ii) system d, ...

gots to be done well and subtly too

think im the only one who doesnt really dig marky skratching the same noise for 5 minutes?

dnb djs cant skratch

heh

:fag:

Definately agree with wot your saying! Im not the biggest fan of scratching but when its combined with interesting, original tricks it can make for quality listening. Obviously its only good to listen to if its done well, but its the same as everything. Plain mixing is painful to listen to if its not done well.

Back
Top Bottom