Drum 'n Bass the same as hip-hop only double in speed ?!?

Most of the breaks that hardcore and jungle were using were the same ones as hip hop producers were using at double the speed so this was correct, but both scenes now make up their own beats so it isnt true really anymore

na i agree, some hiphop is deeep! was all into hiphop b4 i got into dnb anyway... and still listen to it when i get a chance! its true tho its about half the speed, ie hiphop - 90ish bpm dnb - 180ish bpm

obvoiusly there are some tunes slower or faster but it works out ruffly like that

lols. this guy doesnt even know what hes on about.

i could easily put on an argumentation which says jazz is the same as drum and bass, this would be as true as what he says, but i guess im not gonna do it cause im not as retarded to say 2 OBVIOUS different genres of music are the same just because there are some similarities ...

this person clearly just doesn't know enuff about either hip hop or dnb to be chatting about it the way he is. i like classic hip hop like de la soul, cypress hill, nwa, run dmc etc...

U can see wot hes trying to say about the breakz, but thats like saying any rhythmicly based music that uses breakbeats is just a different version of hip hop. altho hip hop was the first genre to incorperate conbstant breakbeats in tunes etc, so yer it gave rise to modern urban music (be it urban, dance music to us junglists) But hes talking bout shit like its all the same and ripped offa hip hop etc. i seriously urge this guy to listen to hazard and kanye and go "yer its the same just sped up"

haha DICK!

Not everything you read on internet is authentic? So what's the big deal. The guy seemingly don't know nothing about the stuff he is writing ... but so do many other guys on many other topics as well ... you can't correct them all.

tru say but im well bored and, i thought the whole point of forums was to discuss? even if the subject matter is totally bolox and from a totally incredible source then discussion will inevitably ensue sone the less.

safe

The man speaks a lot of truth ESPECIALLY AS RELATES TO OLDER DNB.

All of you ripping him are showing your ignorance. He makes some mistakes and its obvious his knowledge of dnb isn't encyclopedic but he makes some good points.

Listen to earlier jungle/dnb and its packed full of hiphop vocal and instrumental samples as well as using exactly the same beats as classic hiphop tracks. Instead of a fucking "Killers don't die" sample we had Wu-Tang.

Photek said that dnb is for white people who like hiphop and raving.

Its easy to mix dnb with hiphop because the difference in speeds hovers around 2x and the beats match. That especially relates to jump-up styles.

Obviously dnb is not exactly the same as hiphop except faster but there are more similarities than differences AND more similarities than when comparing other musical genres with each other, say jazz with house or techno with dnb.

The man speaks a lot of truth ESPECIALLY AS RELATES TO OLDER DNB.

All of you ripping him are showing your ignorance. He makes some mistakes and its obvious his knowledge of dnb isn't encyclopedic but he makes some good points.

Listen to earlier jungle/dnb and its packed full of hiphop vocal and instrumental samples as well as using exactly the same beats as classic hiphop tracks. Instead of a fucking "Killers don't die" sample we had Wu-Tang.

Photek said that dnb is for white people who like hiphop and raving.

Its easy to mix dnb with hiphop because the difference in speeds hovers around 2x and the beats match. That especially relates to jump-up styles.

Obviously dnb is not exactly the same as hiphop except faster but there are more similarities than differences AND more similarities than when comparing other musical genres with each other, say jazz with house or techno with dnb.

Talking about similarities between the two genres is fo shizzo a step in the right direction. but the guy hu wrote that article is chatting wank. he says theyre basically the same apart from the speeds! this is totall bolox! hip hop defo sparked influence in jungle and hardcore and stuff with its use of breakbeats and samples, but realistically there is more evidence to suggest there is more reggae and tribal influences in jungle etc.

IMO dnb takes influences from ALL music, but it has come along way from its beginings and its just ignorant to say hip hop and dnb are more similar than different. the whole musical timbre of both can be similar in some songs but theres soooo much variation in dnb. wud u say that propane nightmares is fast hip hop? altho its fucking shite this proves my point.

BUT... without hip hop there wudnt have been dnb. Or mixing, or MC's for that matter. But it cud also be argued that without the introduction of ecstacy there wudnt have been the mad boom of rave culture in britain in the early 90's. Theres sooo many factors that go into this genre which we call home. Thats y i (and im sure many other do) get offended when sum1 says "its just fast hip hop".

meh good to discuss

This is KRS One's Real Hiphop Pt 2 vs Krust's Warhead. The only thing I did is match the speeds. Notice how the tunes work in almost exactly the same way - the changes in the tunes occur almost simultaneously. I repeat - I did not edit these tunes, just put them on top of each other.

http://www.dnbshare.com/download/KrustWarheadvsRealHiphopPt2DNBvsHiphop.mp3.html

Choose them randomly while working on a little project.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom