DnB Drum n Bass Noob

Fckthwrld

Hey People,

im from germany and dnb isnt a big deal here. i started listening to drum and bass a bit - i really love the first two lps of pendulum. but i dont really like dubstep or drum n bass with dubstep elements. i like liquid, "clean" drum n bass with great hooks and where the preference is on melody instead of "sick" noises - i hope you all know what i mean :D

i'd really love to buy some albums, do you have any hints/tips or recommendations for me?

thanks!

g

Fckthwrld

^^

additionally anything by calibre, tokyo prose, klute, some alix perez tunes, spectrasoul etc etc

To be fair I'm guessing that he's gonna be looking for more synthy stuff than calibre or alix perez if he started out with pendulum, I know I did
Camo & Krooked, earlier Netsky, Fred V & Grafix, some ShockOne tunes (Home, Infinitys silence,polygon) you'll probably like those

To be fair I'm guessing that he's gonna be looking for more synthy stuff than calibre or alix perez if he started out with pendulum, I know I did
Camo & Krooked, earlier Netsky, Fred V & Grafix, some ShockOne tunes (Home, Infinitys silence,polygon) you'll probably like those

The Andy Pain Z Connection LP is really, really good stuff, but this is probably true. In that case the Subfocus - Subfocus album, the new Hamilton album - Schema, and Metrik will probably interest you. Also new Simon & Bassline Smith - Wall of sound. Oh, and for a classic liquid LP High Contrast - True Colours.

Last edited:
Listen to Netsky - Starlight, Pirate Bay VIP, I Refuse, Memory Lane, Escape

All the other artists like Calibre, Spectrasoul, etc. are all great if you wanna dig deeper but when you're scratching the surface, Netsky's early outputs have incredible melodies and are beautiful to the ear

First - thanks to all of you. Its great that you helped me - even if i asked for that what many people in dnb call "mainstream" (i guess :D) - and i know that some people dont like that stuff.

A few hints were to "noisy" for me. dont get me wrong, but i have the feelint that my ears have to kind of get used to a lot of "new" sounds i hear in dnb. but i purchased a few eps/lps - like hamilton - Schema, sub focus (but i really love "out the blue", great song - thats exactly what i mean!).

- - - Updated - - -

but there seems nothing like pendulum out there - or am i wrong?

Fckthewrld, listen, I respect all of the users here at dnbforum and I can totally come to terms with everything they say but the stuff everyone here is recommending is something that youll get bored of very quick. Well maybe not bored of, but eventually youll find that it is lacking and your exploration will start up again and run deeper. Calibre, Spectrasoul, Netsky, Camo & Krooked, Sub Focus and etc. etc. etc. etc. these are people that tune after tune after tune, show no innovation. It is just "kick snare, kicksnare" with a subbassline and melody. Now that being said, feel totally free to enjoy liquid drum and bass / cheese & bass / jump up, I respect it and if you enjoy it then fantastic! but here are a few of the albums I turned too when I reached that stage that I wanted to dig deeper. I will actually point you to some LPs and EPs

- Ed Rush & Optical - Wormhole LP
- Stakka & Skynet - Clockwork LP
- Dom & Roland - Industry / The Big Bang / Through The Looking Glass / No Strings Attached (All are incredible albums by the man that basically made the first "good" drum and bass)
- Audio - To The Edge Of Reason LP
- Konflict - Messiah and Dom & Roland - Cant Punish Me (these are 2 seperate tunes that were at one point, the "main character" of drum and bass, in other words, anthems. Often considered 2 of the greatest dnb songs ever made)
- Pacman Remix / Vessel (its a single, the Pacman remix by Ram Trilogy is a game changers as well)
- Place 2B & Paimon - Dark Defender LP (One of my favorites, simply a masterpiece)
- Teddy Killerz - Violence EP and Telekenisis - Judgement Day EP (probably the best nu school / new age releases of 2013. legendary status eps)
- Limewax - Scars On The Horizon LP
- ANY release by KUNG, all of his pieces are mindblowing. Some of the best are: Unlock, Black Lion, Yakuza
- Int Company - Neuro Ukraine LP

and the list goes ooooooonnnnnn and oooooooonnn and ooooooooonnn, these are just the ones that popped into my head basically instantly. hit me up sometime on skype or facebook and I can get you more introduced into the awesome genre!
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chalupiakdnb

peace!!!

Liquid Rollers, melody all over the shop :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom