Drum n Bass is so hard to produce...

I feel your pain; trust me, we all do and have at some point. Are you using Massive or anything or need some feedback? Maybe I could give you a patch or some feedback or advice if you need a 2nd pair of ears?

Yeah, if you use massive I'd have couple of nice custom reese patches. I think.

^^^

search for that alix perez in depth harmonic style bass tutorial on doa. should get yourself a new reece ;)

and yeah. what are your troubles? arrangement? 32 bars of hats and pad, 64 of reece & breaks and then rinse and repeat is so hart? :D

then find a style of music to make you find fun and doesn't feel like a chore.

took me bout 2/3 years to realise d&b just wasnt for me.

Last edited:
^^^ you took 2 to 3 years to get that you arent patient enough to learn what it takes to make dnb? :D

aha nah it's not that. it's just i don't enjoy the actual process of making it. like don't find it very fun, ya know what i mean?

For about 3 years drum and bass and anything i done production wise was painful. Mixdowns,eqing just put me right off!!!! i found i was reading to much of forums and found myself writing with rules. dont do this,dont do that. emperor explains it perfectly in this video.........
go to 24 mins

so yer. it will take time, alot of patience! ive been writing music for around 15 years and i can happily say ive only just started to enjoy making music again! just be patient man

Last edited by a moderator:
100% agree, rules are the DEVIL. i don't read anything nowadays. just go with what i wanna do.

imo knowing the rules is as important as knowing how to bend them.

rules dont mean jack shit for producing music, if you know them you can abuse them tho..

Back
Top Bottom