drum n bass in the week

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
okay as some of your know I run a little night called Pulsar. I ran one last Saturday and it went down a treat. The club promoter has now offered me the downstairs room (which is bett3er than the one i used before) free of charge, with a cut off the bar. All sounds good

couple of things though

1. I've only been offered a Mon, Tues or Wed night. All 1am closing though.
2. Gonna be a weekly so I'm not sure how a dnb night will fit, I've only ever done monthly really (more promotion geared towards a specific night)

got loads of local dj's about, but i will be looking at getting guests in once and a while.

I've havn't made my decision yet and was wondering what the dnbforum massif though. Shall i take this beast on?

I can tell you that early week weekly's are a bitch to keep going. As long as you think the club will give you a fair shake to let it develope over a few months, then go for it. And diversify the music as much as you can.

yeah dude, you deff should go on with that.
It sounds challenging tho, beeing on a week night. I couldn help bout which day is best, coz ive never been into the whole promotong ting..im sure there lots of them in here for that matter.
But yeah, deff do it. And maybe if the night goes well, the owner might give ya a friday or a saturday to rock onto. Plus id suggest to do a competition on the board every once in a while for DJ to play at your night too..i ll send a CD when i ll learn how to mix two tunes better than mixing Gin and lemon

May teh force be with you young promowalker :first_dat

Go for it mate, definately!

At the end of the day, its free, your gettin a cut of the bar, and if your mainly getting local Djs then you aint gonna be paying out much, except for fliers which you can usually get pretty cheap. Might as well give it a go chap, not much to lose! Good luck!

:thumbsup:

lol @ promowalker, dj comp sounds good...been considering that for a while

hmmm, I still can't believe the promoter wont give me a monthly friday or sat (currently run by house cheese heads).....thats all i really want. I think an early week weekly is gonna get a bit grinding if it don't go too well.

I got a month to decide. I'm now a part time student so i can caine promotion at the local college which would help.

The clubs now got a strip night on the Tuesdays!

strippers and bass!!!!!! sounds cool.

the problem with weekly nights is that you have to have a lot of people willing to go. because people wont always go every week
1. because they have work n shit
2. because its on every week people tend to think: 'ah fuck it ill go next week!'

all weekly nights here tend to kick the bucket quite early on.

we had phantasy playin on a monday night and about 5 people were there, or when genisis was on a maonday night friction played and there was literally 4 people dancing,, a bit of a school disco moment!

good luck anyhow.

topaz said:
yup, i'm one of 'em!! hi!
hi ya topaz, wanna come play

at this gig that is :bounce: :teeth:

Nah I didn't take on this weekly night on, gonna wait until the place shuts down caus it aint doing that well. Then take plans from there, hooking up stuff in their second room though mid November.

sayber said:
Have you got a name of the venue so we could come down & support?
tis only a little night :)

the venue is called Harveys - will post it up in the events section once its finalized....Thursday hopefully

You've got my number K.....

Would be decent to hook up again soon. Perfect opportunity.

;]

Those free party lads from Lynn never got back to me btw (as expected). Did anything go on over the summer in the end?..

Caution said:
You've got my number K.....

Would be decent to hook up again soon. Perfect opportunity.

;]

Those free party lads from Lynn never got back to me btw (as expected). Did anything go on over the summer in the end?..
I can't afford your fees Mr C :lol:

er, yeah quite a bit went on....not those boyz though....mainly planet yes, brainscan, nam and mr pitts; I didn't run any this summer :/

still need solidify a monthly night before booking 'unknown to this area' dj's.

Spoke to Hippo and things are no further on from the original idea, he got no net access atm. Will let ya know as soon as

klusta said:
I can't afford your fees Mr C :lol:

How on earth did you know my fee had risen to two bottles of Smirnoff Ice now?.

:razz:

I kinda strangely enjoyed the journey to Kings Lynn that time, that big A road was a right mad mission, seemed to go on forever.....

Safe mate, just get in touch whenever....

yo klusta ,you should go for it. i know a couple of female djs in the norwich area.they are up and coming.one of them go to my music college.
Im from thetford, maybe u could hoook me up as well.
good luck with the nite though.

:drunk: JUNGLISism wiLL NEvEr DIe

Back
Top Bottom