its pretty complicated at first and its appearance isn't too nice compared to professional programs... i forgot to say that the demo comes with everything except for a renderer or something... It's the only program i use to make tunes though, as well as audacity, i can't afford anything :/.
1. create a layer (channel)
3. select the samples you want in the same piano roll (hold shift to select multiple channels)
4. press "set children" in the channel settings for the layer
5. go to the channel settings for one of the samples
- go to "misc"
- double click inside the little white area above whichever note at the bottom of the settings box to select the zone for the sample, for example "C5"
- next to "Root note: C5" this will appear: " / zone: C5 to C5"
6. go back to your layer channel and play C5 it will play the sample you chose!
This is all from memory, but should work.. let me know if it helped