drum hawk sound - dj freakshow. need help with mastering?

well, i've played with the main mastering suite, and got it sounding ok to me, but i can't hear it like others can, cos i made it and have been listening to it for a couple of weeks. I need a fresh pair of ears to tell me what's right and wrong with it lol

I'd leave it for a week or two and work on something else. Then your ears will be as fresh as anyone else's.
You using Reason?
Usually when I master I'd rather have the track In .wav at -3dB, giving some headroom for the compressor.
I shouldn't worry too much about mastering yet mate. If a label snapped one of your tunes up they'd probably sort that out. Just keep working on your tunes :)

my ocd prevents me from leaving it til i get some positive comments lol i'll lose sleep...i haven't had much luck with mastering cos everytime i thought i'd done it right, people said it was far too bassy and not enough treble. it confused me cos i couldnt hear much bass and the treble seemed fine. then i realised i'd turned my sub woofer off a month before, and when i turned it on again i was like :O so i remastered it and want people's opinions...

i'm more than happy to go onto my next, i even have the idea all set up. gonna do a dark dnb track with some advent children samples... i'd just be more happier knowing that this one was at an acceptable stage, i think my reese and sub sound quite dark and nasty...

Back
Top Bottom