Drum & Bass WIP

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by tewky1, Sep 17, 2013.

1. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Made a thing with a thing like a soundscapey thing and kept messing with synths, made some sounds and trying to get something together here. Just put the 1st half of it so far up here, as you will just say it needs variation, which is still being planned.worked on :zest:

Anyways, here is a thing so far, trying to be Dark if anything, comments appreciated.

Updated it a bit and updated the link below.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

Hey,

nice concept and cool dark atmosphere! But I´m not really sure if the vocal fits nicely? Thats all I can say right now because I´m listening at the laptop. I will have a closer look when I´m back at home.

Sounds nice so far!

3. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

Thanks Man, yeah the vocals I am not convinced myself. Its from the Ras Kitchen sample pack, but I may look for something else, or just bin it some another sound.

I have updated the first post to the full thing now, I know the drums are just a 16 bar loop repeating. There is some automation on some sends for them, but working on some ideas to shake them up, drums got to be my weakest area, so gonna try hard to do something a bit better with this one in the end. Men with dogs are being seen!
    Just wanted to say a little about the production, as barring vocals and Drums, all the sounds are stuff I have made. The soundscape admittedly came from a preset in operator, that I jiggled about a bit, and then modulated the hell out of loads of stuff on a macro and my mod wheel and the pitch bend, a big part of the intro was just what I recorded dropped straight in.
    Would love to hear some input on the mixdown, I got to over 20 Channels in this tune, which is rare for me, and I tried to get more going on in there, is everything coming through clearly? ta very much

4. tewky1

tewky1 Well-Known Member

I have done some updates on this, and worked on adding in a bootleg vocal thing, with a view to entering in the comp, cause why not :)

Interested in if people get any vibes from the tune, along with any technical issues anybody could point out.
    Cheers my dears

5. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Sorry tewky, your stuff is normally pretty cool but something is still amiss here with the vocal and your background, it just sounds a bit odd - probably out of key I'm afraid :(

tewky1 likes this.
  6. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i think its rad. like it alot, specially nice with the vocals and the new drums. this is more a personal taste type thing but i wouldve liked it to drop into a more classic techstep reece and twostep work out, kind of like arrakis/lost souls.

tewky1 likes this.
  7. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

I like it : ), interesting drum pattern, could maybe be a weeh bit punchier though.

tewky1 likes this.
  8. Mason John

Mason John 21st Junta

I think it could be a little darker actually, not getting enough creepy vibes from it. lasiien's point on the vocal key is a good one b/c that might be contributing to why it doesn't have as dark a tip it could have. I also think some variety in the pad chords scaling down in pitch could do the trick if thrown in there smart. Composition itself is pretty neat tho I do really like that vocal.