Drum & Bass "Still Here"

LOL at this coming from Exit considering all that vomit inducing Juke/Foowork garbage they've been putting out as of late.

Oh, so DnB is dead again is it?

Strange that people are supposedly saying it's dead when the music being released is so strong. Maybe it's time people in the DnB scene started bad mouthing other electronic music genres. Then again, I think they have better things to do

i dont think anybody is saying its dead, its massive atm cos everyones got over that deep house phase and is moving to dnb

I thought you'd be into that considering your name has '808' in it

Lol I have been waiting for a chance to explain that...

It's a Hawaii reference...the state is so small that it only has one area code. So a lot of people refer to it as the 808 state.

I actually have a deep seeded hatred for most things Rap/Trap/Juke/Footwork...etc. :teeth:

I get where he's coming from.

What are you into?
D&B
Oh so like Rudimental & DJ Fresh?
Fuck No!!!!

971063_10151584118355822_271329823_n.jpg

been done before, bore off with the blog db.

Strange that people are supposedly saying it's dead when the music being released is so strong. Maybe it's time people in the DnB scene started bad mouthing other electronic music genres. Then again, I think they have better things to do

Oh don't worry, I do that everyday. Especially to local House wankers who think that Tale Of Us is underground lol.

I get where he's coming from.

What are you into?
D&B
Oh so like Rudimental & DJ Fresh?
Fuck No!!!!

That's exactly what this article is about for me. He's not just restating the whole 'dnb is dead' thing - he's using that as an example of the narrow-mindedness. It's the amount of people that assume that drum & bass is just all jump up or something by rudimental. It's about all the people that don't understand that there is dnb with subtleties out there, because they've never bothered to look for it, or more often because they hear it and don't even realise its dnb (again, because of the narrow-mindedness towards the genre). The amount of times I've played a house party or in a club and people are suddenly shocked that what im playing is dnb. ive even been asked "can you play some dnb now, please?".... I was playing Instra:mental - Hunter and something by Clarity at the time.

Drum & Bass is just a tempo.

Last edited:
LOL at this coming from Exit considering all that vomit inducing Juke/Foowork garbage they've been putting out as of late.

its a fresh sound. and a sound that not everyone would hear and realise its dnb. that's the whole point of this article

I kind of finding it amazing that anybody into dnb would hate footwork. It might be an age thing though. If you got into dnb when everything went cookie cutter, some syncopation might throw you off.

Back
Top Bottom