[Drum&Bass] Road Runner {new project}

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by MC_Abyss, Feb 2, 2013.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

This is my newest piece of work. Its been a {wip} for a while now and i finally fell the need for some constructive criticism So have at er. lol
    But be Gentle I'm sensitive, lol jk.:gslayer: But this is what I got drums are better then my older work but still not the greatest still weaning out the crap samples i have overloading my computer lol. Anyways here is the track, positive or negative feedback is appreciated let me know what ya think.(y) or (n)

(yn)

2. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Don't know if i should take the lack of responses as a good thing our a bad thing. Sorry about my learning curve i know the lack of progression can be exhausting, so thanks to all who have hung in there with me. Back to the drawing board.
    Respect

3. hughhardiemusic

hughhardiemusic Member

Very interesting drum programming, but they could still be punchier..not sure if you've got the right kick sample, its getting drowned out by the low ends in the basses. I like the snare though.

4. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

easy m8.
    interesting tune - you got some great elements in there. i feel the main synths are kinda battling for control of the tune - not in the mix but more in direction, its a little hard to follow in places.
    also the tempo change - i cant really think of many tunes that actually pull one off - so i would avoid that.
    i think youve got talent and there is a good tune in there. i would just re structure it and go for one tune no tempo change and try and define the sections of the tune more (cut down on the different melodies) - just to make it easier to listen to.
    i hope you arent offended by my comments. peace

5. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Thanks hugh I try to keep the original factor on high.
    I noticed that too I've been looking for a quick attack punch to layer with this kick to creat allmost a dubble kick. I have brought the sublow down so the kick can breath more ill show you when I have put the lyrics to the track I'm gonna right them out as if the robot speech is my gps.:)
    Thanks for that jimjimjim I've noticed that too like some of the breaks and sequences to go together smoothly ill chop some of the main synth up to have it run with the breaks. As for the tempo drop I know it was a little far fetched but as a finnal track I was gonna do some dubble timming ryming in that portion of the track also I was gonna add more varyations in that area. I see now how going 140 really seperated the sounds.

Thanks to all that have listened to my track and I'm very thankfull for the feedback.
    :) peace