Drum&Bass Pet Peeves

haha seems like its mainly the MCs then

i hate them chattin over drops, calling for too many reloads, making animal noise, singing stupid rhymes like "thank u very much for bein the raver..", singing along to melodies "they dont know hoe we doooooo...." over clipz remix of hand grenade does my nut!

and the worst are the MCs who cant MC but still think they can
I know he's improved a little recently but DVS @ last years valentine completley ruined hazards 25 mins of grimey dubplates

"Where's, Where's, Where's My Money!"

i know you got rock hard abs and your chest is tight.
just please don't take your shirt off and sweat all over me.
seriously. for fucks sake.
sweat and gurn somewhere else, just not all over me.

Big rave lineups that boast about having loads of djs and mc's doing back to back...... that is not a good thing! Thats not a DJ playing a set thats just bollocks. Who wants to see Tc and Hazard do a 45 minute back to back set with 6 MC's.....yeah wicked!

Also this thing that double dropping is the height of great dj'ing skills....that does not make you a good DJ IMO. Listen to Bukem or Marky..that is good DJing. Rolling and building a set keeping you interested.

New jump up remixes of old tunes that totally miss the point of the original.

yeah that pises me off

oh and peop;le who get stressed at Pendulum cos they have moved on with their career.

:)

Sweaty twats on pills ..... dont rub your fucking sweaty body on me you grubby cunt. Actually people on pills do my head in generally.

And the fact its not 1999 anymore! lol.

Last edited:
Big rave lineups that boast about having loads of djs and mc's doing back to back...... that is not a good thing! Thats not a DJ playing a set thats just bollocks. Who wants to see Tc and Hazard do a 45 minute back to back set with 6 MC's.....yeah wicked!

Also this thing that double dropping is the height of great dj'ing skills....that does not make you a good DJ IMO. Listen to Bukem or Marky..that is good DJing. Rolling and building a set keeping you interested.

New jump up remixes of old tunes that totally miss the point of the original.

yeah that pises me off

oh and peop;le who get stressed at Pendulum cos they have moved on with their career.

:)

Sweaty twats on pills ..... dont rub your fucking sweaty body on me you grubby cunt. Actually people on pills do my head in generally.

And the fact its not 1999 anymore! lol.

Agreed. Tho I don't really mind ppl on pills as long as their eyes aren't rolling and they ain't tryna get on stage at Brknk. & reasonably sweaty pretty gals are allowed a quick rub.:pimp:

Agreed. Tho I don't really mind ppl on pills as long as their eyes aren't rolling and they ain't tryna get on stage at Brknk. & reasonably sweaty pretty gals are allowed a quick rub.:pimp:

Im mainly thinking about the gurning sweaty pilled up guys you get at the front of the crowd that rub against you and leave sweat marks over your tee shirt... rank

the pill thing is a recent gripe ovber the last few years since i stopped doing them.... there is only so many times you can tolerat the same cliched pilled up bollocks before it drives you mental.. lol,.

Im mainly thinking about the gurning sweaty pilled up guys you get at the front of the crowd that rub against you and leave sweat marks over your tee shirt... rank

the pill thing is a recent gripe ovber the last few years since i stopped doing them.... there is only so many times you can tolerat the same cliched pilled up bollocks before it drives you mental.. lol,.

ahaha so true, ket ravers are much more agreeable

roni size is a human juke box tho :D hes the dogs bollox can mix like 10 tunes in 2mins pitch perfect its fucking crazy shame dont hear much from him now tho :(

I saw Roni Size about a year back and he was the biggest pile of shit Ive ever seen, he fucked up pretty much every mix, and badly too!

(only time Ive seen him though..)

My pet peeve.............

When a tune gets the rewind treatment and as soon as the needles put back on at the start then a next tune is mixed in and just when the rewound tune is about to drop (the whole reason of the rewind in the first place) the other tunes bought in instead!!!!!

That has fucked me off for many many years.

a reasonable amount of moodiness never bothers me but lately the whole everyone barging into people everytime a tune drops is gettin well annoying, have people forgotten how to dance? yes the odd bit of rowdiness to certain tunes adds to vibes but lately its happening too often and leading to actual fights...not what ravins about imo

Back
Top Bottom