[Drum & Bass] Need advice/feedback for mix, can't handle it

melophobie

Hiho guys, I need your advice in one track. I've started it 3 years ago (as I normally produced other styles and in the last years I SUKK at finishing stuff), every couple of months I changed some stuff. Finally, in the last 3 weeks I've edited/changed the drum, snare, hats, bla. "It's almost finished" I thought, but f*ck it, I NEVER get tracks finished.
I really need some feedback of the mixing, volume-stuff of drum, snare, hats, synth, bass. Is everything fine? Or too much highs in the synth? Is the (sub)bass ok? When I listen to other tracks I think the bass is more "on point" or something like that...
I've uploaded the middlepart of the track, thanks in advance.

The sounds are sick dude love em.
The drums could punch through a bit more with some sidechaining.
The sub bass seems like it's been widened. I've been told it should always be mono to prevent it from being muddy when played on subwoofers and such.
Should be like, a V shape almost. As you go down in frequency, the lower the frequency, the more mono the signal, once you get around like 100-150hz, it should be totally mono.
Least that's what I've been told. (it's hard to achieve though ;w; )
Anyway sick track bro~

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, the Synth (layered of 3 Synths) isn't mono, at least the layer with the Bass. I tried to split the frequencies (I use Ableton 9 Suite) with the Multiband Dynamics, but with this the overall-sound of the Synth changed a little bit. But I will check for another way to split the frequencies and mono everthing under 100hz (around that).

Like I said, it's pretty hard to achieve, I try to use Izotope Ozone's Stereo Imager as it is a multibanded stereo imager, you can mostly get the effect using that but it's still pretty difficult, there are probably much better ways of doing it, but that's the only way I know how.

I resampled the whole synth as wave, copied it so that I have 2 files the same. Synth "A" with a lowpass around 130hz + mono-utility, synth "B" with a highpass around 130hz. So that problem is solved :)

Back
Top Bottom