DnB Drum & Bass Mix Promotion

elmaruk

slannndaaaaaaar
VIP Junglist
Hello all!

I've got an admin spot on one of the Facebook D&B pages and thought it'd be cool to post up a free downloadable mix once a week, maybe twice a week depending on how many mixes I get sent.

Everyone loves free stuff & hopefully it'll get you guys a little bit of promotion and some traffic to your soundcloud.

Submission

If you want to send something in please do so to - forummixes@live.co.uk in the format of;

(Mix Number (I will tell you this if it is going to be posted)) - DJ/Artist Name - Mix Name - Along with a fairly decent picture.

At least 30 minutes in length and as higher quality as you can.

Also, of course make the mix downloadable. It must be on soundcloud or mixcloud but your more than welcome to attach an external download link aswell.

I want to keep things consistent so please follow this format. If it doesn't, I shall not listen.

If it's accepted I will tell you the date it will be posted. To keep things fair this will not be a competition, if its a good mix and doesn't get posted then it will be lined up to be posted another week. All postings will be based on the date it was submitted.

I look forward to hearing from you and please, no more than one mix at a time. As much as i'd like to be able to listen to drum & bass all day, i can't :P

Last edited:
awesome idea! pretty decent amout of mixes are being posted here and most of them are really good as well. everybody wins from

good idea... surprised you're not doing it already with that many likes!

I haven't been an admin for that long buddy.
And to be fair it only really came to mind today, would be nice to get some mixes on there rather than just posting tunes.

Hopefully lots will be interested because I wouldn't wanna do it then have to stop as not enough people are sending mixes in.

Would be nice if it was a sticky or something.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:07 ----------

awesome idea! pretty decent amout of mixes are being posted here and most of them are really good as well. everybody wins from

Yes bud. I've been listening to some, wicked stuff.

thats a good idea man.
i don't know how many people visit that basefook page, but if you have a bit of quality control and only post up the good ones, or maybe your favourites from the week, i think it will be a great source for people and they will come back for more.

I don't usually like facebook walls when people post links to their own mixes, i just assume they are whoring and the mix wont be very good. its the wrong attitude to have but hey.

Yo Teddy

It's a reasonably popular page. The mixes will get attention, i'll post em three times in the day.

Currently thinking of how i'm gonna go about doing it but yeah, there will be quality control. Obviously not over the style of the tunes but the quality of the mix.

At the moment I've got a spread sheet set up so I can make it fair for postings. I mean, I may get sent to 3 mixes that are all equally good enough. So they will be lined up for posting depending on there submission date. Hopefully that'll make things fair as i dont want it to be a competition as such, more just to simply promote good stuff.

It wont be whoring mate. Tis why i'm only going to be doing it once/twice a week.

wicked!
i'll check out the page man, sound like it will be good.

Cool man. As soon as I've got a decent amount of people who are game for it I'll edit the post, add an email and explain the conditions & how it'll work.

Sounds like a great idea! I'm in and will send over some mixes if thats ok :)

Wicked mate

---------- Post added at 16:25 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

Ok guys. I've put the submission terms In the original post.

Get mixing & sending dudes.

...It must be on soundcloud but your more than welcome to attach an external download link aswell

as far as i know soundcloud isn't meant for dj mixes and in my case soundcloud doesn't let me upload any of the mixes.i don't know how people upload their mixes there, but i can't. also the problem with soundcloud is that you cannot be sure that the mix stays there, because of the legal stuff. mixcloud pays fees so that's why one doesn't have to worry so much that the mix being deleted.

my point being, besides soundcloud could mixcloud be allowed as well?

as far as i know soundcloud isn't meant for dj mixes and in my case soundcloud doesn't let me upload any of the mixes.i don't know how people upload their mixes there, but i can't. also the problem with soundcloud is that you cannot be sure that the mix stays there, because of the legal stuff. mixcloud pays fees so that's why one doesn't have to worry so much that the mix being deleted.

my point being, besides soundcloud could mixcloud be allowed as well?

Mix cloud is fine.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

Cool, mail sent :)

Try again mate. Haven't recieved anything from you.

forummixes@live.co.uk

Back
Top Bottom