Drum & Bass for Girls!

Chazy D

Eazzzy!
Should be playing a big set and I reckon a lot of girls will turn up.
Just wondering if you could reccomend me any dancehall dirty tunes like duppy man by chase & status. I wanna keep it dnb though.

All reccomendations are appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Eazzzy!
Should be playing a big set and I reckon a lot of girls will turn up.
Just wondering if you could reccomend me any dancehall dirty tunes like duppy man by chase & status. I wanna keep it dnb though.

All reccomendations are appreciated.

Cheers! :)

Duppy Man is dnb. Not dancehall.

The majority of girls don't really go for ragga bad man screaming...

What you want is liquid funk.

dude....just play what the fuck u like n what u enjoy....get more credit for sticking to ur guns than having to adapt sets to suit audiences

dude....just play what the fuck u like n what u enjoy....get more credit for sticking to ur guns than having to adapt sets to suit audiences

disagree.. think adapting a set to what the audience is feeling is what being a dj is all about. if they dont wanna hear it, dont play it

yeh i get that...but building a whole set just to please the ladies is a bit silly if u ask me

I agree, I mean its one thing if its a liquid night or whatever, but for the most part, I agree, you shouldn't totally cater your set to the ladies. And keep in mind, some of the ladies like it dark.

imo u have to play to the audience but unless ur stupidly rich or a professional dj (or mpfrees) you dont have every tune ever made so its always gonna be your own personal selection
so long as you dont start playin tunes you dont actually like then its all good but u have to feel the floor, its a major part of djing

anyway this constant grouping of girls drum and bass is stupid
my better half is eagerly awaiting the release of DJ pleasure's killing curse!

ya gotta try incorporate ya own style with wat evry 1 wants 2 hear.

I didn't want to adapt my set totally. I just wanted a few ideas of what to play that girls may like thats all.
But thanks for the comments anyway

If you are playing only new shit i can't help you. But in my experience the ultimate tunes to move the ladies are:

Dj nut nut - special dedication

Deep rolling base and a slow feel to reall get the gal dem grindin!

New blood - worries in the dance (remix)

Another Frankie Paul sample with for me almost an early MJ feel, combined with some smooth ragga and dope beats and the ladies will love it.

If you are not stuck in a time warp to 1994/5 this might not work with the rest of your set but they are two selections i'm still rinsin' for the ladies but also for myself.

My gal LOVES!!!!!

LK - Its the way
shy fx - Shake your body
twist em out
barcalona
flaver for raver.....that sort of stuff...you now dancefloor smashers, i know these tunes are a bit out of date for a set but da ladies love em....trust me....i Know!!!!

hope this helps...:gpeace:

Also....
MJ COLE - Sincere (marcus intalex & st files remix)
DJ DIE - SLOW BURN / THE REASONS WHY
Chase & status feat jenna g - in love!!!!!
SHY FX & T POWER - FEELINGS
SHY FX & T POWER - EVERYDAY
GHOSTFACE KILLAH - BACK LIKE DAT (MARKY & BUNGLE REMIX)
HEIST FEAT MC FATS - WHILE YOU WAIT
MOS DEF - PANTIES (D&B REMIX)
NU TONE FEAT. NATALIE WILLIAMS - SYSTEM (MATRIX & FUTUREBOUND REMIX)
CALIBRE & MC FATS - DROP IT DOWN / BLEEPS

This is the sort of set i would do - not in this particular order but you get the picture.....:D

Back
Top Bottom