[Drum & Bass] First attempt at DnB Production

Armalite

Edit: Forgot to put track name in thread title and not sure how to edit it, sorry! :'D

Hi there, am new here so thought I'd post some dnb related production. This is my first attempt at producing dnb (liquid dnb mostly) so still refining the tools of the trade:

One of my main concerns is the quality of the overall mix, which I've been working on trying to improve in new tracks I work on. I wanted some feedback on the overall mix/master quality and what could be improved - feedback related to other things are also welcome of course (such as the arrangement, instrument choice etc.). From my perspective, the intro piano has too much strength in it and could've been made softer. Also the off-beat piano intro throw some people off and can sound a bit iffy until the beat kicks in. Anyway, would greatly appreciate any feedback. Cheers. :)

If soundcloud does not work for you for whatever reason, the track is also on youtube here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Were u producing other kind of music before? Which daw u use?
No bad at all for a first attempt... but the path it's gonna be very long mate...
welcome to one of the most intricated style of electronic music and good luck!!!

Thanks guys.

Were u producing other kind of music before? Which daw u use?
No bad at all for a first attempt... but the path it's gonna be very long mate...
welcome to one of the most intricated style of electronic music and good luck!!!

Yes I've produced various other styles before: trance, progressive house, some chillout and breaks. Dnb production is still new to me :) I'm using Ableton.

Back
Top Bottom