Drum & Bass DJs that CAN'T mix

luciduk

VIP Junglist
Inspired by the DnB DJs who can mix thread,

my mate would be the first to point out that need for mirrors although making some amazing tunes, clang more than a broken tram.

I would like to take this moment to cause a stir and say i find that fierce's beat matching from what ive hear in my home sets leaves something to be desired!

what you say?

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

or is this a bad idea :teeth:

Grooverider... Horrible mixing
London Elektricity... Whenever they mix in the hospital podcast they horribly clang
Goldie... I have like 5 sets all are mixed so bad. He's the clangking tbh.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:55 ----------

on a sidenote, heard that need for mirrors is someone elses alias aswell.. anyone care to shed some light?

on topic: fabio

?? Other than NFM = Mosus & Hlz I can't think of whoelse should use that name?

Last edited:
oprah-winfrey.jpg

Praise the lord someone said Grooverider!

I have nothing but love for the fella but fuck me his mixing's atrocious and it makes me laugh when people feel obliged to big up his skills. I'm not overly bothered by clanging so much but he lets it go on and on so you end up with these huge clanging mixes that stretch on for ever! Most pro's would have a self-respect button that's automatically triggered after three or four seconds of clanging which means they jump on it and get the mix under control but he lacks that kind of instinct. His sets are pure luls and he even admits in interviews that he aint all that as a dj.

The London Elektricity set I saw at Brixton Academy last year was one of the worst ever.

Bryan Gee used to always clang like a goodun. Ray Keith used to be hit and miss. Brockie used to be so fucked I remember him hardly being able to keep his head up at Telepathy years ago.

TBF pretty much all those DJ's who names have been mentioned I must have heard clang at least once as well as various other DJ's,

Only thing I would say in their defence Is that often monitors and other factor's can be fucked so you do have to take that into consideration If you have heard a set at a club.

I was at fabric recently and at 5AM It was so fucking loud I could barely hear the tune so fuck knows how you would mix in that sort of circumstance!

However I think we all know which ones will clang with problems on the setup or not.

Last edited:
Nicky Blackmarket
Bassline Smith
Mampi swift (these days anyway)

lolno

inclined to agree about mampi swift, he seems to double drop EVERYTHING without thinking if itll actually work or not... then barely touch the EQs so it sounds like a fucking mess.

it seems most people on here think a dj can mix if they can just beatmatch the tunes and blend them over. but just being able to beatmatch doesn't make you a good dj...

Back
Top Bottom