[Drum&Bass] Cosmic Abyss

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by MC_Abyss, Feb 22, 2014.

1. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

This is my newest work its not completely done but i thought it was cool so i posted it anyways. Please feel free to posting any judgments comments etc. I would love to hear all you come up with.
    ALSO i don't know what kind of sub genre. you would call this if you come up with an answer let me know.

2. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Like i said in the original post it was a WIP and now I have reposed an improved version of the song maybe this time I might get some input on the progress of the song.
    This is the acapella version. I have wrote lyrics for this song. you will see the direction i went with this song when i post the version the lyrics. finding time to record lyrics at home its a challenge because of my daughter and how noisy she is. hahaha ive never meet someone so loud lol. anyways am planing on getting it finished by this weekend but we will see.
    comments and criticisms wanted. Don't be afraid to tell me what u dislike about it I'm a big boy constructive criticism will only help me in the long run.

3. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Could do with a proper build up, break down and drop IMO, right now everything is already in place right from the start, there's no hinting at what's coming later on, no building of tension and no surprise when what I guess is supposed to be the drop hits.

Could do with some filter automation, incidental sounds and effects, mixdown sounds alright, maybe the drums could be a bit more prominent though.

4. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Re: [Drum&Bass] Cosmic Abyss

Thank you it's about time someone said something, so now the breakdown... intros and build-ups never been good at,right now I'm more working on mixing.needless to say thank you for that suggestion. What do you you mean by incidental sounds and effects? Are you meaning like random segments of sound in a rithmatic fashion?
    Thanks about that comment on the mixdown usually its poor. Ha ha improvement!
    What personally would you a automate the sub-low?
    I've been trying to make it work for a while, same with the drums.

- - - Updated - - -

Also i did notice when i hopped in my wife's crv to listen to it the lead was to bassy another issue. Does anyone else have these problems i seem to notice more after I've posted it.what a time top problem solved lol.i guess i just need help

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Basically you need to cut the lowest couple of hundred hz from everything but the bass, sub and kick - and cut the bass and kick around 90hz. Make sure your kick is hitting around 100hz and snare around 200hz.

Cut the very top few thousand hz from everything but the hats, cut the master at <30 and >16000hz, peak the drums a few db higher than the bass and everything else a few db lower than the bass again.

Listen to tunes and note down - physically, on paper - how they're structured, make little drawings as if you're plotting elements down in your DAW.

By incidentals I mean sounds that show up once or twice in the whole tune, just little things to break the monotony, a pad before the breakdown, a drum hit with a lot of delay on it, etc.

MC_Abyss likes this.
  6. MC_Abyss

MC_Abyss Member

Alright check this out now. not to tote my own horn but tote tote. hahaha jk
    the final i will use for the vocal version soon to come.
    Thats if ill ever say im finished hahaha ehhem anyway here is it!