[Drum & Bass, Chillout?] Scrapped - Chillred 140bpm..

Scrapped

Howdi ho ho,

Well I finished another one a few days ago and I would love to get your opinion. I tried my hand at a 140bpm dnb feel :rofl:
I think the mix could be a whole lot better. Specifically with the drums being a taddd too loud.

Let me know what you think!! I really had fun creating more of a relaxed vibe to a song I most likely would have tried to make a thumper with.

Id really love to visit new zealand. it must be beautiful there. to me, i imagine that reflects in your music. i can tell you must have fun producing, because this is great. although you may already know of them, why don't you listen to these...

telepopmusik
thievery corporation
mogwai

Id really love to visit new zealand. it must be beautiful there. to me, i imagine that reflects in your music. i can tell you must have fun producing, because this is great. although you may already know of them, why don't you listen to these...

telepopmusik
thievery corporation
mogwai

Come on down man! It's great here :) I'm stuck in Auckland but the south island is where it is at!
Yea, The environment definitely adds to what kind of vibe I produce at the time. In this case, It was a chilled out Saturday when I did the majority of the production.

I'm a big fan of mogwai! I'll be sure to take a look at telepop and thievery :)

Cheers mate.

Nice Vibe, lazy day at the beach music :)

Thanks Tewky! :)

Why do they call you guys Kiwi's anyway?
The track is beautiful and chill. I am drinking a beer to it right now and I love it! Just something about this track gets me in a good way.

Why do they call you guys Kiwi's anyway?
The track is beautiful and chill. I am drinking a beer to it right now and I love it! Just something about this track gets me in a good way.

lol, Our national symbol is a flightless bird that is just about extinct :P It's supposed to symbolize pride and endearment..I'm not so sure though :rofl:

Thanks dude!! Really awesome feedback :)

Would there be anything I should change in your opinion?

Thanks man!! Anything I should change? :)

Seems like you want to change something.

I went and had another listen, and if being over critical, in the 1st drop, I reckon you could throw in some sort of alternative elements for the 2nd half of it. Then for the 2nd Drop a bit more variation of some sort, maybe a slight melody line that just gives it a bit more variation.

But that is just trying to give you some thoughts, as it seems you are looking to do something with it :)

Seems like you want to change something.

I went and had another listen, and if being over critical, in the 1st drop, I reckon you could throw in some sort of alternative elements for the 2nd half of it. Then for the 2nd Drop a bit more variation of some sort, maybe a slight melody line that just gives it a bit more variation.

But that is just trying to give you some thoughts, as it seems you are looking to do something with it :)

haha well ya know.. I always try to find things that don't work and need to be improved.

Right right... I like that idea, That is what I was thinking aye. I think some variations and a bit more fancy flare might do well :)

Thanks man. Maybe I might just leave it..

Nice lounge feel to it ^^. You could eq some stuff better by cutting frequencies. Some of the stuff sounds kind of unprocessed.

Back
Top Bottom