DRUM & BASS AWARDS 2009

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
http://www.drumandbassawards.com/

Check it out... quite a few people etc missed out...

Force FM for one!! Should be in the list for best Radio station by far!!

Best track of 2008 is a farse.... 90% Jump-UP... absolute bollocks!!

Best website?? WHERE DNBFORUM.COM????

Massive respect out to Noize for getting nominated for best breakthrough DJ!! you got my vote bro!!

Anyway peoples... lets discuss... who do you think is going to win each catagory? where do you think they have gone wrong... YET AGAIN!! maybe next year they will get it right!?

I think these awards need to be looked at, like some af the catagories are mad, IE-Transit mafia, Distorted minds and sappo to name but a few nominated for best breakthru DJ?. Sappo, how is he inb the best breakthru DJ? he has been about on the seen for donkeys and had choons realeased time ago, i dont understand how he can be classed as breakthru, this is just one example, there is loads on there that in my eyes are in the wrong catagory.

Last edited:
y is breaks symetry LP not on the best albums category? and how is aliz perez a breakthru producer? personally i like break but didnt find his album that amazing, but i know alot of people loved it, so it shud be nominated, i rekon the people hu come up with the nominations obv just put wot they like and wot they think is the best rather than thinking of what the genral raving public will think!

bah humbug!

Ha ha this is gonna be controversial!!

Best dj - Hazard
Best liquid dj - logisitics
Best old skool dj - mickey finn
Best crowd hype - Trigga
Best lyrical - Skibadee
Best oldskool - Bassman
Best female dj - Shortee
Best radio show - sly n shaydee (kool fm)
Besxt radio show - pyro/kool
Best producer - pleasure
Best breakthrough dj - CKB
Best breakthrough mc - Harry shotta
Best breakthrough producer - original sin
Best website - DNBFORUM.COM!!!!!!!
Best live act - epoc (only ones ive seen)
Best promoter - innovation
Best club night - movement
Best event - Innovation in the sun 2008
Best international act - Shortee
Best store - Nu urban
Best label - lowdown deep/music hertz
Best track - chase n status take me away
Best album - chase n status more than alot

Thats my votes, some i will think about more when come to vote

the people who will win are the people that are free to play that night, and that can play the time slot requested!!! IMO

i dnt no much about these evnts but i wudnt be surprised if this was true given how dodgey some promoters can be in this day in age (in terms of putting 15 big names on a flyer then only 5 show up and still charging 20 quid for a ticket).

any1 know if there is any proper sytem about who wins and who is nominated?

is this the only dnb awards aswell? i remember some 1xtra one a while back but this is clearly a different group. who runs this ting and why is it not me!? i wud make sure the event was fuckign awesome with some big ting exclusive sets for the ravers. is it an award ceremony or just a rave with the vip area for nominated people?

sorry for all the questions but im reli confused at this.

I thnik it was ok.
My problem with it was that best magazine and best website were lumped together:confused:
And that albums and mix cd's were together???
Oh and that dnbforum wasn't in it!!!!

its a disgrace cos no1s gonna get an actual album recognition.

hype won best album last year with his d&ba mix whe it clearly shuda been high contrast - tough guys. can they not break up mix cd and album into two categories seeming as they have sooo many mc and dj categories.

looking at last years results people arnt gonna get just deserve. such as skibadee winnign best lyrical mc aswell as best crowd hype mc.

utter bolox mate

Back
Top Bottom