DnB Drum & Bass arena & Pioneer DJ competition

what the hell's wrong with using ableton for a competition? sure i wouldn't want to pay to see someone stand up there and use ableton at a night club but if the competition is to create the best mix you possibly can, and by using ableton he can make a better mix than everyone else then why the hell not?!

saying that, i personally think his mix is shit :p way too cluttered and none of the songs seem to go very well with each other

Ableton definitely feels like a bit of a cheap way to win, I appreciate the creativity of it all but I can't really see where the real technical brilliance is, Andy C's alive shows were all well and good- but being so processed kinda killed the aesthetics for me, this is kinda the same IMO.

Always disappointing knowing that the scene favours technology more and more nowadays.

what the hell's wrong with using ableton for a competition?

i never said there was anything wrong with it, just feels a bit of a cop out as a "dj" competition.

as mentioned though the mix isn't even that good, too much going on

agreed, and it's not even mixed well. don't understand this decision at all

hat + pieces of paper

the amount of entries they probably had. no way did they listen to them all.

i dont see a problem with putting mixes together on albeton
but isn't the prize dj gear?
whats he gonna do with it? learn to actually dj?

Not gonna bother entering anymore tbh, gonna just have to upgrade to serato or whatever asap. Seems like the effort that goes into mixing on vinyl really doesnt help at all!

Not gonna bother entering anymore tbh, gonna just have to upgrade to serato or whatever asap. Seems like the effort that goes into mixing on vinyl really doesnt help at all!

Amen to that.

The only advantage we hold being vinyl only is when someone see's you in a club and thinks "hey he is actually putting alot of effort into making this sound good"

These competitions we have no hope, it should be down to selection and technical ability even that doesn't seem to have won here.

Amen to that.

The only advantage we hold being vinyl only is when someone see's you in a club and thinks "hey he is actually putting alot of effort into making this sound good"

These competitions we have no hope, it should be down to selection and technical ability even that doesn't seem to have won here.

I play vinyl cos i enjoy it so much more, no other reason. if someone put me infront of a cdj i wouldnt no what to do. i think someone using ableton and winning is a bit of a cop out, but in the digital vs vinyl war people always say its not about beatmatching etc etc its only about track selection. so i guess this proves that arguement! people that entered must feel slightly cheated tho. regardless, i got some good mixes to listen to out of it!

Back
Top Bottom