DnB Drum & Bass arena & Pioneer DJ competition

DJError

AKA Error
VIP Junglist
Click here for more information

"Hey DJs!

Fancy upgrading your set-up?

Drum&BassArena have teamed up with leading DJ manufacturer Pioneer to host a very exciting competition: We’ve got a DJM-T1 mixer and three pairs of HDJ-2000 headphones to give away!"

HOW TO ENTER:

Upload your mix to Soundcloud. Name it Drum&BassArena & Pioneer DJ Competition 2013, include the tracklist and the image at the top of this post. Email the link to comps@breakbeat.co.uk

RULES:

Mixes will be judged on creative flare, technical skill, dynamics and overall presentation.

The mix must be 30mins long: Anything under 26mins and over 31mins will be instantly disqualified.

This competition is open to European residents only. You must have a European address to qualify.

No MCs please: we’re just looking for DJ skills on this one.

Only D&B: Pioneer kit is great for mixing any genres but as we’re Drum&BassArena only drum & bass mixes are acceptable (brief dips into other tempos are fine but the main body needs to be around 170bpm)

Any mixes submitted after 9am February 22 won’t be counted.

Winners will be announced on March 4 in our Monday newsletter

Due to the popularity of this competition we will not be able to respond to every entrant. If you’re concerned your mix link hasn’t been received then email comps@breakbeat.co.uk with the heading ‘received mix?’ and we’ll let you know.

So how do they pick a winner???? Sooooo many people will enter this, and they pick a winner on creative flare, technical skill, dynamics and overall presentation.

How will they even listen to tiny amount of mixes let alone all of them to judge them properly!

how about simply don't give a fuck what would be the most appealing sub genre, do your thing.

err why, it's a competition and i'm trying to win not do the mix i'd enjoy most :p

well, i try to create my own style in mixing and selection and show it to the people out there, who cares if you win, i rather lose and have some people who really like it that way and i'm not playing stuff i wouldn't want to play because there are at least a few people who will definately hear it.

well, i try to create my own style in mixing and selection and show it to the people out there, who cares if you win, i rather lose and have some people who really like it that way and i'm not playing stuff i wouldn't want to play because there are at least a few people who will definately hear it.

i see what you're saying, and that would normally apply. but in this scenario i literally would just be entering to win, 30 mins isn't long enough for it to be a proper "promo mix" or to showcase what i'm really feeling at the moment. and i have a decent collection across the whole dnb-spectrum and i like it all, so regardless of what they want i wouldn't be playing anything i didn't like!

i see what you're saying, and that would normally apply. but in this scenario i literally would just be entering to win, 30 mins isn't long enough for it to be a proper "promo mix" or to showcase what i'm really feeling at the moment. and i have a decent collection across the whole dnb-spectrum and i like it all, so regardless of what they want i wouldn't be playing anything i didn't like!

the timelimit is the challenge

1.audio-headroom, 2.optiv, btk, sam wills-understand 3.nosia and upbeats-dustup,
4.black sun empire-chaingang (jade remix), 5.audio-leech, 6.calyx and teebee-we fall away, 7.rido-twisted vip, 8.nookie-only you (bladerunner remix), 9.nosia-my world, 10.prototypes-pandora, 11.nosia and upbeats-sacrifice, 12.mindscape-stardust, 13. receptor and neonlight-800 pound gorilla, 14. ram trilogy-titan, 15. dillinja-all aboard, 16.bladerunner-need you

https://soundcloud.com/faultline/drum-bassarena-pioneer-dj

Last edited:

1) Amoss - Footloose VIP
2) FD - Break & Enter
3) Outer Heaven - Blades
4) Sunchase & NickBee - Zoned
5) Alex Reece - Pulp Fiction (Lynx Edit)
6) Spectrasoul Ft. Terri Walker - Light In The Dark
7) Clarity - Forensics
8) Loxy & Resound - Sin City
9) Hybris - Occult
10) Skeptical - Blue Eyes
11) Krakota - Be Myself
12) Rockwell - Full circle
13) >>>Vicious circle Ft. Survival - Section VIP
14) Sabre, Stray & Halogenix - St. Clair
15) >>>Hybris - The Cleaner (VIP)
16) Icicle - I Feel U
17) Fracture - Get Busy
18) Amoss - Footloose (Octane, DLR & Linden Remix)
19) Enei - Machines
20) Ulterior Motive - Drum Circle
21) Mefjus - Bilaterial
22) Hybris - Keeping Me

Back
Top Bottom