Drum & Bass Arena Nominees Announced

the thing is, we all know these awards ceremonies are full of bullshit!!! With a system where every individual's vote (= opinion) is equally valid you can basically expect these awards to have no merit whatsoever, I don't care how arrogant it sounds but our opinions should be higher weighted in than Monstercat/Liquicity fanboys' who have no idea what bass actually means.

There was a post by Ant TC1 on facebook as part of an interview where he makes the distinction between DnB and EDM at 170 bpm. I think I'm gonna use that term from now on :)

Bottom line for me is as long as the people who matter don't give a shit for these awards then I'm have no problems.

58390737.jpg

I don't think it's possible to have judges for the awards — like someone said, anyone in the entire scene (apart from Titan Records) is eligible so they can't just have a bunch of heads ruling out anyone that votes for Netsky. If Netsky gets the most votes by people who care, it's sad for us but there's no doubt that within the rules of the competition, he wins.

What they could and should at least do is moderate their results. Just have a guy go through the nominees and take out the retarded ones like Coppa as a newcomer MC. That kind of thing is just an embarrassment to the scene and to Bananarena and it's beyond retarded that they left shit like that in.

MonsterCat artist it would seem. Not exactly what I'd expect for a "track of the year".

ohhh of course how could I forget about MonsterCat. silly me. Next RAM signing I bet. Altho maybe RAM is too small compared to MonsterCat now? :uberlaugh

Not that I agree with the nominees, but here goes...

Best producer: Break
Best MC: DRS
Best label: Metalheadz
Best vocalist: DRS
Best track: The View I guess, what a shit selection of tunes!
Best "newcomer" producer: Dawn Wall
Best remix: Icicle ft. SP:MC - Dreadnaught (Phace Remix) I guess, again, what a awful selection
Best album: Break

Best DJ: Camo & Krooked
Best producer: Break
Best MC: Harry Shotta (just because he beat some rapping record)
Best label: Critical
Best vocalist: DRS
Best live act: Icicle (haven't seen any of these guys live except Rudimental and I'd rather support Icicle)
Best track: Calyx & Teebee - Long Gone
Best newcomer producer: Dawn Wall
Best remix: Icicle - Dreadnaught (Phace Remix)
Best album: Mefjus - Emulation (even though it didn't come out this year. Was my third favourite album of any genre last year)

Best DJ: lol no comment
Best Producer: Mefjus
Best Label: Metalheadz
Best Vocalist: Riya
Best Track: Mefjus & InsideInfo - Footpath (drs & marcus intalex - emergency was the tune of the year for me)
Best Remix Track: Icicle & SP:MC - Dreadnaught (Phace Remix)
Best Album: Mefjus - Emulation (EXTREMELY tough choice between this and Simpler Times)

Best DJ: Friction
Best Newcomer DJ: Mistanoize
Best Producer: Break (how LSB and Rene LaVice didn't make the cut is beyond me)
Best Newcomer Producer: James Marvel (Signal will get enough votes anyway)
Best Newcomer MC: Fava (joke category, should be removed, choices are whack, only voted for Fava cause he's a don)
Best Label: Metalheadz
Best Vocalist: Riya
Best Night: Spearhead presents
Best Festival: Let It Roll
Best Track: James Marvel feat. Mota MC - Way Of The Warrior (hoping for The View to snap it over all the other neuro shit in there, where's the jump up at m7?)
Best Remix Track: Lenzman - Paper Faces (Ivy Lab Remix) (again, what a shit selection of remixes, this is probably the only one that deserves mentioning)
Best Album: DRS - Mid Mic Crisis (facepalm for everyone voting for Emulation, it's fucking 2014, shouldn't even be there)

Went to all the trouble of signing up at the nomination stage and put a rake of thought into it all, then when they sent me the email for the second round with the shortlists I looked at the nominations and just closed the tab.

If this is what DnB looks like from a punters perspective then I think its time to hang up my headphones tbh.

How can you possibly vote for best festival, unless you have been to them all

Back
Top Bottom