Website Drum & Base - Website Idea/Design

Discussion in 'Advertisements' started by notrace1, Oct 31, 2011.

?

Would you be interested in this website?

1. Hell Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No (any comments & critique welcome!)

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. notrace1

notrace1 New Member

Hi everyone. I've been thinking of starting up a sort of drum and bass blog focusing on bring news and new music to readers. I want some critique from the sort of audience who would use it.

Is there a space for a website like this? Would you consider using/reading it?
    What do you think of prelimiary designs?
    What do you want from a soley drum and bass website? Opening you up to new music or mixes/interviews etc.

Here is a draft of the web design. The website would have multiple writers from producers, Djs to avid D&B heads so there would be breadth to the articles.

[​IMG]

Logo ideas:
    [​IMG]

2. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

think you will have your work cut out to make a succesful dnb only website. You will need to try and attract all fans of each sub genre, also i think if you can get a good reputation for hosting good music you already won half the battle. I think you will need to come up with something pretty unique and diffrent for this to work. IMO.

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

drum and BASE ?

4. notrace1

notrace1 New Member

Thanks for the comment hyperd4eva. I've been thinking exactly the same. I know it's tough, I already own a pretty established music blog muiscformorons.com which has a good rep. I was thinking instead of going off in a tangent I would use this design for a revamp of my original site MFM which could look like this. What do you think? Better than the original site?

mfm v2 web.jpg

5. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

Yeah i like that design mate. go for it though man, u sound like you know what your doing. just make sure it covers all aspects of dnb including all the mediums of mixing (if thats what you have in mind) id also try get news on up and coming dubs/releases that will be hitting vinyl. As theres lack of sites that have this,,