Drum and Bass Sub-Genres

Ch4ndler

Anthems Breaks Classics Dance Floor Dark Hard Jump Up Jungle Liquid Tech Dubstep​

These are the main sub-genres of drum and bass am i right?

Can you give me an example (i.e a tune) from each sub-genre so i know the difference please?

Breaks i know, Jump up, Jungle, Liquid, Dubstep i all know, so all thats left is: Anthems, Dance, Floor, Dark, Hard, Liquid, Tech.

Also i would quite like to know what Clownstep sounds like. i have probably heard songs from them all but couldnt name the sub-genre if they were played to me.

I was hopin that people would just put a title, i.e Dancefloor: then a youtube clip.

Thought certain dubs were put into certain sub-genres and everyone agreed?

Yeah i dont like all the sub-genres either but when someone goes bangin on in the production area how some song started off dancefloor then turned a litte clownstep before exploding into breaks...

i dont think he meant to say whats the best type.
i think he was more after of tryin to understand all the subgenres that people divide drum and bass in.

ohhhh nice
i was gonna thank you, but i cant for some reason :/

Sorry to come across like an idiot Ch4ndler but there's so many of the same threads, I thought you may of seen them during your two years here. It wasn't meant personally. :)

Last edited:
Heyyyyyy, I wasn't having a go :) It confuses me all this sub-genre stuff, I just like to say I like drum & bass that's all.

Back
Top Bottom