Drum and Bass : Styles?

Ha.

Most people here hate attempts to classify music into certain rigid styles. That's why they're taking the piss with the names of the "styles".

Ishkur's 's guide to electronic music is great because its tongue in cheek.

Flotser said:
any good recommendations for tunes in this style? :grouphug:

thanx (y)

Classic stuff, check out bukem, intense, pfm & newer stuff, a.i., & a lot of liquidy stuff would be classified as atmospheric too imo. Loads of tunes you could say would fall into 2 or 3 classifications. But classification sucks & anyone that uses the term clownstep seriously, is a fooking clown!!!

Yeah man, Im with you on this whole clownstep thing. Where the fuck did that come from.????

One assumes it refers to the whole four minute intro ending with a machine gun fire drum roll and a 4 chord bassline drop and a three beat drum pattern that doesnt change for the rest of the damn track

Lets rename Clownstep to Souless

Twisted Murderer said:
Crap 'n' Bass ---> Examples Kosheen And Tali

Crap 'n' Bass aka Mainstream D'n'B aka We think it's D'n'B but it's just a rape version of it.

.... abit harash!

Kosheen 'Hide U' was an ANTHEM! many a good time grinding to that!...now go wash ur mouth out!

I dont think they 'raped' dnb! haha!

The bottom line is...its all just music! fuck the pigeon holes juts enjoy it! open ur minds!

beatfreak said:
Lets rename Clownstep to Souless

too true...however ....I quite like a bit a wobble on a Friday night! When its done right! IE> Full Cycle! :rslayer:

I can think of some pretty soulless producers ..
i wont mention them here for fear of pissing people off...

but the shite i just listened to by a certain 'evil' producer was about as lifeless as the pope!

Back
Top Bottom