[Drum and Bass] Resonation - Away From Here, From You (Xiu Remix)

xiu

hi,

It's my first entry here. I know it's just a remix (doesn't sound too much like the original though, maybe just the keys ), made it for a competition last month , but since I never received any feedback from this guy (didn't won btw) I would appreciate some feedback here .

Thx, xiu

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice remix dude, don't know the original but I reall enjoyed this version!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your helpful response in my thread, keep tunes like this coming ! :D

Wow, I wasn't expecting this - and I do remember this competition and samples/stems.

I like this choon. It's kinda grimey, kinda beautiful. I'm not in my studio at the moment so I can't really provide any feedback with regards to sound and frequency. However, arrangement-wise, it maintains interest quite nicely with your selections of sounds and noises – it really makes this tune easy to listen to from start to finish.

The only part I feel that could benefit from just a very small bit of attention (and honestly, I'm really nitpicking) is the bridge between 1:51 and 2:12 where the measure repeats itself a few times. Perhaps switch up the last four counts of the bassline (aka a bass fill if you will) just to break up the monotony. Again, that's just IMO and I am nitpicking a bit. Overall, very nice track with a nice selection of sounds, drums etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Nice remix dude, don't know the original but I reall enjoyed this version!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your helpful response in my thread, keep tunes like this coming ! :D

Thank you. Feels like a nice place.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this - and I do remember this competition and samples/stems.

I like this choon. It's kinda grimey, kinda beautiful. I'm not in my studio at the moment so I can't really provide any feedback with regards to sound and frequency. However, arrangement-wise, it maintains interest quite nicely with your selections of sounds and noises – it really makes this tune easy to listen to from start to finish.

The only part I feel that could benefit from just a very small bit of attention (and honestly, I'm really nitpicking) is the bridge between 1:51 and 2:12 where the measure repeats itself a few times. Perhaps switch up the last four counts of the bassline (aka a bass fill if you will) just to break up the monotony. Again, that's just IMO and I am nitpicking a bit. Overall, very nice track with a nice selection of sounds, drums etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers.

Yeah well. My gf told me that she didn't like that part. She has good ears aaa ? But since the competition is over i will move on to the next project and actually let it available for free download :alchy:. Thx for the feedback man. Love :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom