[Drum and Bass] Niwun - Entropy

My god what an intro!! I love the atmospherics of the whole track. What I would improve is the kick/bass balance a bit better. The bass sounds are eating slightly the kicks. But overall, this track is spot on. :)

My god what an intro!! I love the atmospherics of the whole track. What I would improve is the kick/bass balance a bit better. The bass sounds are eating slightly the kicks. But overall, this track is spot on. :)

Thanks Menosance, yeah funny you mention that actually, I made this tune quite a while ago and i'm looking over the mix again today since its being included in a compilation on a Melbourne based label. It's funny how quickly you learn, because in the 3-4 months since I wrote this I would do a lot different when it comes to the low end, specifically putting my kicks an octave higher than the sub bass. Anyways, chalk it up to a learning experience and move on, thanks for listening man, and thanks for the feedback, most appreciated.

N.

The intro reminded me of some of Burton's movies, you know? Pretty dark, I loved it! What Menosance said is true, man. I don't know, maybe you could sidechain the kick/bass? Could be a solution! Congrats on the track!

Sounding good. :) Like everyone's said the intro's great and you managed to keep the atmosphere up throughout the song which to me is a plus.

The intro reminded me of some of Burton's movies, you know? Pretty dark, I loved it! What Menosance said is true, man. I don't know, maybe you could sidechain the kick/bass? Could be a solution! Congrats on the track!

I sampled it from a Spanish movie actually. Maybe was the same composer? Who knows. Yeah I love the sound of dramatic, spooky strings.

Thanks for listening! DarkYsidro, that tune in your sig has some mean sounding Jazzy/90s atmospherics in it. The pad that comes in around 1.30 sounds mean!

Sounding good. :) Like everyone's said the intro's great and you managed to keep the atmosphere up throughout the song which to me is a plus.

Ah cheers man, by the way the synthy melody on the intro of tune you have in your sig is fucking dope as. Drums sound fat too :)

Cheers, N.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom