[Drum and Bass] Niwun - Entropy

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Niwun, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Niwun

Niwun Member

Any feedback would really be appreciated, cheers fellas :)

2. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

My god what an intro!! I love the atmospherics of the whole track. What I would improve is the kick/bass balance a bit better. The bass sounds are eating slightly the kicks. But overall, this track is spot on. :)

Niwun likes this.
  3. Niwun

Niwun Member

Thanks Menosance, yeah funny you mention that actually, I made this tune quite a while ago and i'm looking over the mix again today since its being included in a compilation on a Melbourne based label. It's funny how quickly you learn, because in the 3-4 months since I wrote this I would do a lot different when it comes to the low end, specifically putting my kicks an octave higher than the sub bass. Anyways, chalk it up to a learning experience and move on, thanks for listening man, and thanks for the feedback, most appreciated.

N.

4. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

The intro reminded me of some of Burton's movies, you know? Pretty dark, I loved it! What Menosance said is true, man. I don't know, maybe you could sidechain the kick/bass? Could be a solution! Congrats on the track!

Niwun likes this.
  5. Silent Union

Silent Union Member

Sounding good. :) Like everyone's said the intro's great and you managed to keep the atmosphere up throughout the song which to me is a plus.

Niwun likes this.
  6. Niwun

Niwun Member

I sampled it from a Spanish movie actually. Maybe was the same composer? Who knows. Yeah I love the sound of dramatic, spooky strings.

Thanks for listening! DarkYsidro, that tune in your sig has some mean sounding Jazzy/90s atmospherics in it. The pad that comes in around 1.30 sounds mean!

Ah cheers man, by the way the synthy melody on the intro of tune you have in your sig is fucking dope as. Drums sound fat too :)

Cheers, N.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013