Drum and bass lingo???styles??

i wrote that too. on paper, before the interner existed.

holla!

holla.jpg

VIP? Thats another one that baffles me? As there is so many this and that vip remixs...Is it a producer/crew/robot churning out so many mixes?

Last edited:
i've always been under the impression that its a remix of a tune done by the original artist

keeps things simple, otherwise it would be for example Hazard - Busted (Hazard Remix)

but on the otherhand i've heard VIPs that dont sound like the original artist *pendulum

i've always been under the impression that its a remix of a tune done by the original artist

keeps things simple, otherwise it would be for example Hazard - Busted (Hazard Remix)

but on the otherhand i've heard VIPs that dont sound like the original artist *pendulum

but theres a roni size vip of number 1

varries in production makes sense a lot more of the time. specificaly the roni size vip of number 1.

but fuck knows.

i'd like to know what the original 'vip' was of, and how it came about and spawned the term.

obviously.

I always thought a VIP mix was when the producer gave a complete sample mix down plus tune structure for the 'remixer' to get down with or even a tune produced in the original producers studio using their equipment....

varries in production makes sense a lot more of the time. specificaly the roni size vip of number 1.

but fuck knows.

i'd like to know what the original 'vip' was of, and how it came about and spawned the term.

obviously.

I seen to recall that it was either adamf / dj fresh or someone else on breakbeat kaos that's where I frist saw the term a few years ago...but then I could be wrong :google:

To revive a long dead topic (I find this interesting) - I always assumed a VIP mix was a dubplate of limited copies originally intended to give the top DJs extra ammo when the smaller DJs only had the original mix.. Thats why they are often similar or true to the original . Andy C always used to have tons of the biggest tunes with slightly different mixes. When Screamer was still being played by DJs he had the VIP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5_IamXOlI
Isnt it a cheeky remix Producers give to Very Important People (Top tier DJs) to help give their track hype and give them extra dubplate fire?

it means variant in production, so just a slight alteration by the original producer (usually).

there are a few exceptions where a remix can have a VIP done of it

Here is some dnb "lingo"

I always hear Friction say roller? does he just mean its a big tune? or is it something about the production?

Here is some dnb "lingo"

I always hear Friction say roller? does he just mean its a big tune? or is it something about the production?

Roller is a tune that sort of 'rolls' along. No hench drop, no huge, earth shuddering bass line

Roller is a tune that sort of 'rolls' along. No hench drop, no huge, earth shuddering bass line

Well he really likes playing some rollers on his radio 1 show... a couple of weeks ago I counted how many times he said roller.

17 times.

Back
Top Bottom