Drum and Bass is Hip-Hop

another stimulating thread from SMD!

im in agreeance. a lot of people seem to have missed the fact that hip-hop is NOT THE MUSIC, it is the culture, and under these terms DnB represents a lot of the same elements.

yeah. besides what TC listed, i also see the similarity in use of samples when making tunes, etc. again, not saying it SOUNDS the same.

Thats the equilivant of saying that any band is a rock band, Based on the principles that in a rock band theres a singer, a drummer, a bassist and a guitarist.

Everything has influences from other genres, but thats not to say it therby IS that genre.

Thats the equilivant of saying that any band is a rock band, Based on the principles that in a rock band theres a singer, a drummer, a bassist and a guitarist.

Everything has influences from other genres, but thats not to say it therby IS that genre.

well thats not what he is saying mate. hes saying that the culture & thing is hip hop. which could be argued is very Raggae influenced as well

well to end this the culture maybe hip hop in the us but thats only cos there doin it wrong!:teeth:

wow didn't even see all these responses, I think Fes pretty much summed up what I was saying, which is why its probably a little tougher for some of you guys to see from my p.o.v. obviously

well to end this the culture maybe hip hop in the us but thats only cos there doin it wrong!:teeth:

Nah I like it, only thing wrong with the US d&b scene is that its not active enough. Kinda hurts us too that we can't drive down the m80 to see some big name DJ like Andy every weekend.

Back
Top Bottom