drum and bass in portsmouth

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by 12 inch grinch, Nov 17, 2003.

1. 12 inch grinch

12 inch grinch Active Member

we need more raves and we need them now for the futerdjs and mces to break through da barrier ie. triple m and sdm .. bad ace inc .. jay walker .dj six and every one on dnb forum up and commin yehhhhhhhhh.boy

2. Charge

Charge Member

Nice idea only, 1) You gotta fund em, 2)You gotta get people to go - even when pompey has raves with sick A-list dj's on the line up its still has problems packing them out. If you dont have any big name dj's you have real problems getting peeps to go- which is a real shame as a lot of the people that attend the big nights probably wouldnt be able to tell teh difference betweeen some of pompey's up & coming and an A-list Dj

3. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

The BreakNeck Vs DNBforum Vs VURT nights always go down a storm! ;]

4. MC Motion

MC Motion Custom Avatarmess

Try living in Hasting's!!!!!

All we get is rewind crazy Heat vs Fever's packed out with town rat's sporting the latest TN's. I have to go to Brighton or London to go to a decent dnb club/rave. Brighton's fucking wicked, the people down there are so much less attitudey than in London and the dnb scene is kicking off down there. Lots of new talent seeping through the rafter's are lot's of proper junglist's to hear dem.....

And its beside the seaside!!!

5. Affliction

Affliction thought size didnt matter

aye brighton junglists are cool :jazz_band :rinsed:

6. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Well I hope everyone will be in attendance for Breakneck's 1st Birthday this Friday for SDM, Triple M, Ed Rush and Bryan Gee, and Adam Freeland.

And the Christmas Payback 12th Dec, SDM, Triple M, Element, M Code, RJM & Ringle...

As had been noted, promoting in Portsmouth (or anywhere) ain't easy, and there's always a lot of time & money on the line.

Let's see some of this support on the dancefloor on the night...

7. guernseydub

guernseydub Member

try living in guernsey some shitty island halfway between france and uk all the clubs play chesse and refuse any local boys to put on drum n bass nights we did manage to get goldie over here earlier on in the year tickets sold out on the first day (700) and the club was rammed by 10pm it was the busiest night the club has ever had but still they refuse any more nights !!!!! knobs the lot of them if we want a night of drum and bass we have to leave the island get on a plane to london stay in a hotel thats 300 notes before you even get to the club but its worth it :rslayer:

8. Time Dependant

Time Dependant Jungle Hunter

I see alot of threads pop up now & again like this why don't we as a DnB Forum Collective start something up on the South Coast?? I know Breakneck is running & Vurt (big props 2 the both of them), but maybe something a little out of the ordinary will get us noticed. This is how it could work:
    Each dj from the forum sends a demo in to an address where they can be judged, & if good enough they will be added to a dj roster which will help establish who plays. Then every month different DJ's from the forum are on rotation for each event, letting up & coming artist's get noticed + gives DnB forum more promotion to push themselves out even more. Maybe a Dnb Forum DJ & Producer Artist page could be created given people access to booking the dj's & having a read of backgroung info e.g. Music style, personal music history, events played at etc.
    It's only a vague idea but it's a great way to get are talent showcased & get Portsmouth buzzing about another night.

9. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

:thumbsup:

10. Charge

Charge Member

Yeah but only cos Breakneck and Vurt are so well known in pompey(not forgetting teh forum!)
    What I ment was starting a new night with out big names to help promote it is always very difficult!

11. skope

skope promoti0nal.douchbag

we could make the dj's pay for their sets. then no one loses money & if the dj's are that great then people will flock.
    dj's pay for sets on pirates so why not at raves? when/if stuff starts making money then people can be rewarded.
    :lol::D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2003
  12. DJ_Destination

DJ_Destination Member

Check out the thread a did about FreeLove, That in Southampton which is near, so you could come along to that.

13. DJ_Destination

DJ_Destination Member

I posted the flyer up ther if you wanted to check that out. The thread is now in the advertising section of the forum, if you wates to look.

14. skope

they're the ones that rip down everyone elses posters and put up there own in their place right? manners, please.

15. DJ_Destination

DJ_Destination Member

Not at all. My best mate brother is running it, should be good!

16. toXyk

toXyk Member

Yeah more d&b in portsmouth pleasssse. Bloody r&b and cheese is doing my head in!! Not being funny or anything, but I for one wouldnt pay for sets, being a student = no money!! Would love to play for money though!

17. GESTURE

GESTURE New Member

:mr_cool: yeah it would be nice for pompey to have more raves but as someone said unfortunately gettin the people in is the prob. there is a lot of good up n comings in pompey an would be nice to see a lot of them get there chances.big up all the local headz and promoters that have kept me happy over the years :slayer: .would be good to see a regular rotaion of the up n comin dj's an mc's though on each others nights in pompey, wud give us a more unified scene an that can only be a good thing. :boom:

18. shred

shred New Member

Hi, I'm a new member in this forum, I'm from France and I just arrived in Portsmouth, I'm fond of UK's Drum'n Bass but I didn't see lots of raves by here (except Breakneck!!!)so I'd appreciate if you could say me where it's at and if there's something this week or the next one cos' Brighton and London are just too far...
    Thanks!

19. goose

goose CEREMONY

What Pompey needs is All Night licences!!!!

Then everything else would fall into place.

20. skope

from out of the void...

Friday 28 November 2003 - Paradox at NY2 - Ram Records Official Label Tour - Andy C, Moving Fusion, Shimon & Red One, MCs Eksman & Dappa. info: 023 8021 1700

Friday 28 November 2003 - The Consortum (Bournemouth) - DJ Krust, DJ Die, MC Dynamite, Bigbud

Friday 28 November 2003 - house - Uncut & Rewind at the Rhino (Bedford Place) - Simon Aston, Bibbi & Steve (Zoo Groove Stereo)

Friday 28 November 2003 - Slinky at the Opera House (Bournemouth) - Cocoshebeen drum&bass in room 2 - Grooverider, Orbit, Element, Carlos, Marlo, D-rox, CQ. MCs Mr Meterz, Sky, Quest

Friday 28 November 2003 - hard dance / techno - The Fishtank at South Parade Pier (Portsmouth) - BK, Simon Eve, Steve Hill, Brenda Russell, Dave Saunders, Matt Handy

Saturday 29 November 2003 - house - High Tide boat party - Lottie, Dan REid, Gary Bennetton, imon Aston, Vikki Paris, Ryan James, Renaud Clarke

Saturday 29 November 2003 - hiphop/beats/breaks - Crash! at Legends (Bevious Valley) - ollspin, Chix, Decoy, Redleif

Saturday 29 November 2003 - drum&bass - Platinum Beats at Zero's Nighclub (Basingstoke) - Twisted Individual, DJ Fluid, DJ Sonna, Blendz & N-Deva, DJ Ski, MC Shinobi