Drum and bass in big arenas..

E

Esstie

I have been to a couple of festivals this year and seen drum and bass on 'big stages' to me the vibe and atmosphere is not the same but is this where the scene is heading? It seems hard to even see someone like Andy C these days at a smaller more 'intimate' event, and most of the tunes he played when I saw him at Nass bar a handful were awful and hardly in keeping with previous ram records releases. Also with artists like Sigma making ''drum and bass'' with take that it really does trouble me that d&b the genre I love so much is heading down a path now that it can't come off.. Please tell me I am not the only one worried by this :(

I have been to a couple of festivals this year and seen drum and bass on 'big stages' to me the vibe and atmosphere is not the same but is this where the scene is heading? It seems hard to even see someone like Andy C these days at a smaller more 'intimate' event, and most of the tunes he played when I saw him at Nass bar a handful were awful and hardly in keeping with previous ram records releases. Also with artists like Sigma making ''drum and bass'' with take that it really does trouble me that d&b the genre I love so much is heading down a path now that it can't come off.. Please tell me I am not the only one worried by this :(

It's not the way D&B is going but it's the way 'that area / style / sound' is going.

To be honest if you don't like that style or sound, you no longer like listening to Andy C. It's a shame but it's the way it is now.

I wouldn't worry though. As always there's another 98% of the scene still doing it's thing and doing it strong.

Back
Top Bottom