drum and bass in australia?

in melbourne tonight we got commix randell teebee calyx tc and jakes mc lowqui and noisia were supposed to play but they aint :(
but thats useless info to you in sydney. sorry

Think there is a monthly night on in Sydney,
But the east coast is all about house music and top40 bs,

enjoi !

in melbourne tonight we got commix randell teebee calyx tc and jakes mc lowqui and noisia were supposed to play but they aint :(
but thats useless info to you in sydney. sorry

that for low:fi yeah??

low:fi went off in perth hey

noisia were sick, but for bout 20 min of his set he mixed alot of that electro-sounding stuff, like of their fabriclive40 an after abit it was kinda like 'wheres the drum an bass at'

still an insane set though.

oz has a healthy dnbscene. when i was over there last year went to a few good local nights. managed to catch calyx in melbourne which was sick, met some sound people to. i hear perth is the dnb capital in australia but i didnt make there. anyone know the name of a small local night that runs in melbourne, at a club just round the corner from flinders street station? i reached that a few times and it was always a good crack

Glad to see this thread exists, im looking to move over to Australia next year, do a bit of work over there, change of scenary and all that- and one of my biggest concerns was what I was gonna do without DnB lol.

How often does Australia get visted by DJ's then? Monthly? Weekly?

Whats it like for Vinyl over there btw? Worth me dragging my 1210's with me? Not sure Id be able to cope a year without mixing tbh...

Glad to see this thread exists, im looking to move over to Australia next year, do a bit of work over there, change of scenary and all that- and one of my biggest concerns was what I was gonna do without DnB lol.

How often does Australia get visted by DJ's then? Monthly? Weekly?

Whats it like for Vinyl over there btw? Worth me dragging my 1210's with me? Not sure Id be able to cope a year without mixing tbh...

Im speaking for Perth WA and we get visited quite regularly, we have a massive event (more than 1 headliner) maybe once every 2 months, but get visited maybe monthly or fortnightly by single djs. Perth has a very healthy scene so you definately won't do without. For example Noisia have been here twice already this year which is great to see seeing we are so fuckn far away from everything.

As for vinyl, not the best at the record shops here but like most djs you probably buy online anyways.....im sure you'll meet many people with decks but its always nice if you have ya own. Hope this helps a bit mate :D

For vinyl at the moment with the AUD so strong it is cheaper to order off juno, otherwise there are 3 very good record shops that are worth a browse

For Djs, we have bulk visiting man. For example coming up we have - Dose, Menace (NZ) on the 6th

-Utah Jazz, DC Breaks and Cotti on the 13th

- Friction, Break (with SP and lowqui) on the 20th,

aswell as local boys (and girls) Kito, shockone, rregula, phetsta, playing every week, with at least 3 weekly dnb/dubstep nights running all the time

have fun !

fuck perths killing it, Melbournes good but not that busy.

Deffinatly buy your records from overseas, in melbourne theyre like $22 a 12", i think i saw a 3 record LP for like $55, wtf is with that.

Back
Top Bottom