Drum and Bass Forum Competition

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
You can download all the parts in this page of my sound cloud. I know it is not the most efficient way to download files but it works and I can't figure out how to send files over the internet.
Any way I am just going to make up all the rules for the comp sense I am hosting it.
Rule 1: Any Drum and Bass Forum Member may enter(excluding myself)

Rule 2: You have to use the samples provided for you to make the song. No outside sample or synthesis.

Rule 3: Winners will be judge by vote from the dnb forum

Rule 4: Closing Date will Be February 14, 2013

Rule 5: You can do anything you want to make a song as long as you use the samples. All genres are excepted.

Rule 6: If need be and for the fairness of the event I may change a rule so long as it is by popular consent of the forum.

Rule 7: I will pick the most creative song in my opinion and that person will judge a winner by me along with the popular vote winner.

Rule 8: The sample pact I will construct for the winners will be worth it.

All the samples are in wav form at 16bit 44,000hz sample rate. I believe but am not entirely sure the key is d minor. The tempo is 174.
If you need more information just ask.

The winners I will make a sample pack for.

It should be noted that I yet to figure out how to send sample pact size files over the internet. I am going to create another page asking how to do it. If you know how tell me there.

Can we have a simple sine wave for sub? low end of that reece is so muddy

Only by popular consent. I will tell you that there is a sine wav and a square wave as lowest part of the bass. If you split the into at least three part You can get better sound control.

I might have a go at this after the 8th feb and try and get it done quickly. I've got loads of ideas I need to finish first.
Big uprespectington

Only by popular consent. I will tell you that there is a sine wav and a square wave as lowest part of the bass. If you split the into at least three part You can get better sound control.

I know that but if the sample is in original key then the sub peaks around 100hz and if i pitch it down it gets muddy, thats why i wonder if we can use pure sine as sub

I know that but if the sample is in original key then the sub peaks around 100hz and if i pitch it down it gets muddy, thats why i wonder if we can use pure sine as sub

I'm struggling to get a lower sounding sub too.
It's too high pitched at the moment and it sounds shit when resampled :s

Back
Top Bottom