Drugs or no drugs to get ya musical 'high'?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by stevieb73, Dec 31, 2012.

1. stevieb73

stevieb73 Member

Ok, so I'm a bit of a wierdo when it comes to tunes, and I have never taken anything to heighten my musical pleasure. At the moment i'm proper loosing myself in a tune by Daughter called Youth (Hybrid Minds Bootleg) and it seriously takes me to a beautiful place everytime!
    So anyone else get this or just me?

2. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

I actually got into ASMR a while ago, but before that I needed drugs to get that goosebumps feeling from music.
    Now i can do it on command.
    But yeah, certain tunes do work some magic on me.

3. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

yo fuck this thread. if you want to get high then get high.

ThePapa likes this.
  4. Shatner's Bosom

Great input mate! cheers!

5. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

there are a certain few tunes that when completely sober can raise goosebumps. that's when you a know tune is something else

6. stevieb73

stevieb73 Member

@ wood. deffo mate! they don't come along often but when they do!....... WOW!

7. Shatner's Bosom

wowsers in my trousers

8. stevieb73

stevieb73 Member

lol. i knew i shouldn't have put that

Shatner's Bosom likes this.
  9. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

get high and listen to this...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  10. Cor

Cor Member

Drugs are baaaiid, m'kay.....

11. Gumby

Gumby New Member

you're kinda comparing apples and oranges though.

i dont take drugs to get goosebumps...

12. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Shatner's Bosom likes this.
  13. Shatner's Bosom

if you dont get an erection or a soggy vag from this, you're doing it all wrong.

14. stevieb73

stevieb73 Member

no nor do i cos i get a natural high from good music but i know a lol of people that take shit to get their high from dnb. xxx

15. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Right. I feel patronised by OP into posting so here goes..

You don't need drugs to appreciate music but certainly when it comes to jungle/dnb I would not have a tenth of the spiritual connection with the music if I hadn't pilled to it as a youth. It took me to a whole other level that I could definitely not have reached sober and that's a fact. However I think ecstasy is out of the norm in that respect because of the powerful effects it has on the brain. If you contrast it with something like weed, although it can make you 'feel' reggae a bit more it doesn't add a whole lot to the music. Same for most recreational drugs. The only comparable drug in terms of it's revolutionary effect on music would have to be something like LSD. Without it the sixties would not have happened imo.

Anyway I'm glad you feel that way OP just don't follow up with some bullshit about how you can get just as high as the people who are on drugs (because you can't) or that Hybrid Minds would exist now without the whole 88-91 rave scene (because they wouldn't).

Can't remember the name of the hardcore track that sampled the vocals from this tune but I start rushing every time I hear it.. (at 5m42)

16. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

I seriously think those of us who understand DnB are fuckign blessed. E and Weed and whatever teh fuck youre into just love life man. Be curious about the fucking culture we experience... I went to one of the wealthiest schools in America in Seattle and grew up around hardcore drugs where the kids had real money, I mean real fucking money - I was the poorest motherfucker in that place - and it's just important to respect the music. You experience something different with weed, and if you get high on something else maybe its best for you.

Just be careful because you gotta rely on yourself in the end. You know I grew up with rich kids and man if you saw the rich kids access to hardcore shit you wouldnt fuck around. Its good though. Everyone is happy now. Bless.

17. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

Real Speak

18. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

This has been a huge deal for me recently. Decided to buy some headphones far more expensive than I should pay because of it! Got into a lot of really nice chilled music recently far from DnB and sound quality makes all the difference, hearing sounds crystal clear you never even noticed before!
    When it comes to drugs though, it's the psychedelics that just kick it off. I've only done 2cb as it's the only one I can get hold of but can imagine others bring similar if not greater effect. Nothing better than putting on a pair of headphones at the peak of a trip. A bump of K makes for an awesome combo for me too. As does just K, as if I do enough I can get some mad visuals on the go.

Anything by ASA & Stumbleine just lead the way for me when it comes to the music though, particularly this, mainly because it's a simply beautiful piece of music that pours emotion but also because it was the tune I heard from my first experience with music on psycadelics and will never forget that trip.

Also, Culprate. Heard from someone he produces his music on K.. Find it hard to believe yet easy when you listen to his music. Anyone know if its true?

19. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

definite kethead, whether he produces on it or not, i don't know. Mate of mine used to know him before he went all worldwide and shit...think i met him a few times without knowing who he was.

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

:lol: it's strange hearing you guys say that. He wasnt on ket, no.