Drs Feat Kenny Ken - Everyman Unreleased mix?

k.a.t

I'm looking for an old mix of Everyman, it looks like it may be a version that was never released. I'm afraid I don't have any recordings but I was hoping someone might know it from a description.

It's essentially the DRS Feat Kenny Ken - Everyman mix with an alt Amen break section which featured (heavily chopped) Amen and a single long sustained sub bass note throughout the breakdown, the Amen snares "scaled" up and down over this long bass tone, it may have had something to do with Wishdocta/Eternal Bass though I'm not sure for certain. It was definitely not the mickey Finn mix, Benny Page, D.O.P.E Dub, Or Hill and Gully mix.

Can anyone give me any clues? does this description ring any bells?

nuff respect.

k.a.t

A quick update, I've managed to talk to one half of Eternal Bass about this track, it was a collaboration by three artists all at the peaks of their careers, Emma C (Eternal Bass) Stevie Hyper and Remo (Errol) all three going in on the mix of the classic "Everyman" Drs Kenny Kenn tune. the mix was never released except for a few exclusive Dubplates, I doubt even Groove got his hands on this one.

I heard it on Dat at Emma C's around 94, I can tell you it was a KILLER tune!! Without a doubt the baddest mix of Everyman nothing came close to touching this tune not even the remixes by Mickey Finn or Benny!! a true Holy grail of D&B!

Emma C said there's a slim chance it may have made it to a compilation tape, but it's doubtful, I was sad to hear she no longer has the original Dat, the session apparently resulted in four mixes all deadly cuts, now likely lost for ever.

Any more info about these mixes would be well appreciated.
Peace.

k.a.t.

Sweet, the Stevie Hyper mix was probably one from that session. . . it's not the tune though, I think it was mostly Eternal Bass in the mix, thanks for the link though, I'm still hunting through them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom