DRS Album

anyone bought the sampler vinyl? The quality of the mastering is quite poor imo. The View has got a really nasty top end hiss on the high hats, i noticed the same deal with the last sampler with count to ten.
A real shame, its such a lovely tune, but I dont wanna play it in my sets for fear of deafening the audience.
Yeah, same with me, and I'm equally gutted about it.
I've noticed the same thing with a couple of other vinyls "recently", most prevalent on Dr Meaker - Right Back (Break remix) (PLV045) and Seven - Came To Play V.I.P. (PLV050). It's noticable on s-es in the vocals, hihats and not least on the Think break tambourines. Basically it sounds like what you'll get when cutting too hot on a track that has not had proper de-essing done.

I've been wondering if it's a needle thing (I'm on the blue Concordes), but I haven't had an opportunity to test with for example the M44s yet. I have done some testing with tracking force adjustments (a gram up and down), but it doesn't make any difference.

Sure would be nice if bandcamp told you your pre order was ready to download. I thought it was next week but hadn't had any notifications to say otherwise.

Yeah took longer than I thought to come online but so worth the wait. What a great album. Congrats DRS and everyone else involved

I knew that tune with SPY sounded similar..

This album is amazing though, definitely going to be up there among the best this year.

Back
Top Bottom