dropping in

dj vitamin G

hey guys, im new to mixin, im shit to be honest lol... i have real bad trouble trying to mix Roni Size Sound Advice (i think clipz remix) idk why i struggle, cos i can beat match and shit but need practise on dropping in at the right time... any help would be much appreciated :P cheers

You need to know how many bars your intro is. I have notes written on all my vinyl telling me how long the intro and the bridges are. If the bridge of the tune that is playing is 16 bars and the intro of the tune your going to be cueing is 16 then just cue at the very begining of the bridge. If an intro is longer than a the bridge then you have to cue before the bridge comes. Eventually you'll be able to look at a piece of vinyl and tell how many bars everything is. Always count in your head and pay attention to your tunes. Hope this makes sense and helps.

^^ this

ive only been mixing for almost a year.. like 9-10 months
and practicing constantly is the only way to get better

you can be told exactly what to do, but you'll still be shit until youv practiced heaps

you know when your getting better to. it'll happen

ahhh bangin!! cheers lads, i shud get there in the end :P i kno about me bars n bridges, i play drums 2 ;)... i will master the skills of mixing and will eventually show u my vidz, i'll post 1 tnite so u can av a look at em n c wat u think :P

stay safe

^^ this

ive only been mixing for almost a year.. like 9-10 months
and practicing constantly is the only way to get better

you can be told exactly what to do, but you'll still be shit until youv practiced heaps

you know when your getting better to. it'll happen

yea enit i agree, my m8 tells me that 2.... i been mixin for about 2months... u kno the toon rising by jenna g ? baaaaad

I'm mxing jump up, I just kill the bass and swap over when the track I'm bringing in has a break. Sounds pretty good when I match beats properly!

Back
Top Bottom