DROP 'N' ROLL (dubstep)

All 3 are very well done, very intelligent - lots of bleeps and zaps which I love. Lots of Electro influence.

"like dem" is my favorite, all the different layers make it a very intelligent, progressive chunk of slow Nuskool.

sorry bro, this ain't dubstep, this is slow Nuskool... it's way too intelligent to be "dubstep"....

we make alot of our sound effects ourselves. also i've got a 60gb sample library, not including vst librarys like kontakt etc so god knows where the fx came from:)

thanks for all the positive comments! really inspiring.

as for labels we're actually starting our own label as we speak and we'll be looking for up and coming dubstep producers so if you got tracks pm me. these tracks will be sent around the labels as well tho, gonna speak to some local bristol heads bout it soon. add us on myspcace and facebook to keep proper up to date with things.

myspace.com/dropnrolluk

http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Drop-n-Roll/1797617657

hit us up and say hi :wave:

ps we got plenty of new material in the pipeline and we'll be letting all you guys know first. peace.

That's really nice sounding. And it sounds like Dubstep to me, guys, but what would I know. :p

oh yea, we set out to create dubstep. i've never heard of nuskool in this context but im pretty sure we can class this as dubstep. lets not get all grime/garage on this one:)

pure filth... loving the fx work, melodies, pads, leads synths... the whole fucking lot!

cheers geez. were trying to do something that'l work in a club and also trying to produce listenable music too, altho thats not happened yet :) weve got plenty of stuff in the pipeline and these the first ep featuring these three tunes will be out by jan latest. we're hoping that a recognised label with some weight will take some tunes but failing that its digital release from our own new label "heavyweight product". keep your eyes peeled.

Lol :D

They're Nuskool and not pubstep because there aren't ragga vocals all over the place... it doesn't take 10 mins to get from one SD to the next, and they're not excruciatingly slow.

Heavy Filter Modulation (i.e. bow wow blines, leadwork), Spacey Padwork, and intelligent leads, coupled with neat edits and fills belong to Electro and Nuskool.

If it sounds like Nuskool Breakbeat or slow Drum and Bass and doesn't have rapping or ragga garbage all over it, it = slow Nuskool to me.

But hey, the kids wanted to get away from the term Nuskool back in '05 and most followed.

sorry to start a semi argument in your thread:D
The tracks are jammin either way... I simply refuse to acknowledge quality slow Nuskool as "dubstep".

:clown:

Lol :D

They're Nuskool and not pubstep because there aren't ragga vocals all over the place... it doesn't take 10 mins to get from one SD to the next, and they're not excruciatingly slow.

Heavy Filter Modulation (i.e. bow wow blines, leadwork), Spacey Padwork, and intelligent leads, coupled with neat edits and fills belong to Electro and Nuskool.

If it sounds like Nuskool Breakbeat or slow Drum and Bass and doesn't have rapping or ragga garbage all over it, it = slow Nuskool to me.

But hey, the kids wanted to get away from the term Nuskool back in '05 and most followed.

sorry to start a semi argument in your thread:D
The tracks are jammin either way... I simply refuse to acknowledge quality slow Nuskool as "dubstep".

:clown:

no worries. :clown:

i really couldn't care less about genre definition. with dnb its obvious because its defined by a tempo not a certain sound. with this sort of middle of the range electronic music its much of a much. i might just join the grime heads and start calling it 140 :clown:

or maybe i'l coin a new genre "dubskool" :D

Back
Top Bottom