Drop mixin!?!?

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
This is really starting to wind me up. Im downloading all these mixes by random djs who on every single mix, jus drop the tune and do absolutely no mixing what so ever. I know this has always been a style of mixin, but now moreso than ever im listening to mixes where the dj does it on absolutely every single mix!!! and its not isolated cos this is about the 4th mix ive listened to this week that does exactly this!!
i wanna know everyones opinion on this cos im biased as i normally blend/mix most of my tunes which is a lot more effort than just cutting it at the drop.
Jus wanted to have a rant and hear everyone elses opinions.
Safe

if its jump up it's the best way of doing it coz 90% two jump up tunes in the mix sounds shit imo

Yeah. Wobble effects over wobble effects don't sound that great a lot of times. As Far as the mixing I would much rather hear some mixing and blending then just a straight drop.

if its jump up it's the best way of doing it coz 90% two jump up tunes in the mix sounds shit imo

would absolutely disagree, im a jumpup dj and like puttin in the effort and time to find 2 big tunes that blend well. Maybe thats what it is?? are some djs jus lazy and dont wanna spend the time looking for tunes to blend. I guess this way they dont even really need to give setlists much thought and jus turn up to a gig with a bag full of plastic lol

would absolutely disagree, im a jumpup dj and like puttin in the effort and time to find 2 big tunes that blend well. Maybe thats what it is?? are some djs jus lazy and dont wanna spend the time looking for tunes to blend. I guess this way they dont even really need to give setlists much thought and jus turn up to a gig with a bag full of plastic lol

mate u got that nail on the head... but i bet none of these djs are using plastics, all cds mainly when i see this - get alot of it in birminghams jump up scene.

laziness, confidence with beat matching, off beat / miss matched drum beats and miss timing the drops (more tunes nowadays producers are using silly amounts of bars for an intro, what happened to the standard 32 bar drop?)

but yeah i get what ur sayin with this, and theres too many ppl in the game and getting places doing it, come to birmingham and see it 1st hand.

check out my soundcloud for jump up mixes to download, i try n keep away from doin this, check em out n get on the download
http://soundcloud.com/djrefix
;)

mixture for me... some tunes need the impact to be felt without another tune distracting from it, other tunes are a bit weak so need the back up of the original track to work...

also, if i wana do a double drop and i know i need time to make the mix and cue it up, cut drops allow you to do that!

still, mix 'n' blen' for the win!

mixture for me... some tunes need the impact to be felt without another tune distracting from it, other tunes are a bit weak so need the back up of the original track to work...

also, if i wana do a double drop and i know i need time to make the mix and cue it up, cut drops allow you to do that!

still, mix 'n' blen' for the win!

Thanks mate, dont get me wrong, i know what you mean re double drops and yes i do use drop mixes in my sets but im just fed up of listening to mixes where the dj just drops every single tune. and whats worse is that the general public has no idea about this and so these lazy djs are getting just as much publicity, if not more than the rest of us who are putting in 10 times the effort!

of course there are tunes that sound shit not in the mix like get lo imo an there are tunes out there that sound sik together but most of the nu skool wobble sounds shit mixed imo

Well I'm glad I don't listen to purely Jump up mixes cos this would do my nut, and besides its just too soul destroying.. Kinda like a liquid set makes me fall asleep and a proper heavy set gets tiresome.. This happens WAYY too much with dubstep DJs too and it really fucks me off so I understand where your coming from Freek.

Just name and shame this fuckers so we can all avoid them init (y)

THIS!!!

of course there are tunes that sound shit not in the mix like get lo imo an there are tunes out there that sound sik together but most of the nu skool wobble sounds shit mixed imo

get lo sounds fucking insane just cutting it i reckon.. i love just switcing to that deep deep bass

but the friction remix of jonny L back to your roots has to be in the mix to sound good imo

A lot of people do it to showcase their own music.
Like a lot of liquid you hear has 32 bars of drums and the start then goes in to an interlude/buildup then it drops 16 or 32 bars later.
A lot of people just switch to the other tune when it reaches that interlude part.
I think the interlude bits are some of the most creative parts in a lot of liquid tunes

jump up tunes get boring quickly, especially if thers no mc over the top, so doubling them drags out the tune imo

A lot of people do it to showcase their own music.
Like a lot of liquid you hear has 32 bars of drums and the start then goes in to an interlude/buildup then it drops 16 or 32 bars later.
A lot of people just switch to the other tune when it reaches that interlude part.
I think the interlude bits are some of the most creative parts in a lot of liquid tunes

I've noticed this b4

i dunno but it definately seems lazy if its all a dj does.. and sam yea i know what u mean about the interludes or break slightly before a drop, but thats not what im refering to. I jus hate people who mix the intro and then cut on the drop on every tune, or backspin the first tune as the second drops. its jus cheat mixin. in my mind its actually nearly as bad as turning up on the night with a pre mixed cd!! at least the dj who made the mix cd has put the effort in at some point!!!!

Back
Top Bottom