Drop mixin!?!?

I try to keep things varied but sometimes it's the best thing to do if you're playing on an awful setup and can't hear things clearly enough to keep things tight. If you can barely hear yourself mix, drop mixing sounds a hell of a lot better than clanging!

This is pretty much just switching a tune! If you want your mix or set to sound as good and creative as possible then you must vary as much as possible what you do with your tunes.
JUST A FEW EXAMPLES:

-Double dropping

-Starting a new tune as soon as the previous one drops and mixing it from that point onwards (usually better with progressive tunes without a drop)

-Switching the tune

-Mixing a tune and switching it at the drop

-Slapping in a new bassline to the tune thats already playing

In my opinion the more you can vary between these sort of things the more exciting a set will be becuase if you just double drop for example (not to say thats shit) the mix will be soooo predictable and who can say they dont feed up when an unexpected bassline comes into an already rolling tune!!

This is pretty much just switching a tune! If you want your mix or set to sound as good and creative as possible then you must vary as much as possible what you do with your tunes.
JUST A FEW EXAMPLES:

-Double dropping

-Starting a new tune as soon as the previous one drops and mixing it from that point onwards (usually better with progressive tunes without a drop)

-Switching the tune

-Mixing a tune and switching it at the drop

-Slapping in a new bassline to the tune thats already playing

In my opinion the more you can vary between these sort of things the more exciting a set will be becuase if you just double drop for example (not to say thats shit) the mix will be soooo predictable and who can say they dont feed up when an unexpected bassline comes into an already rolling tune!!

pretty good for a first post mate.
welcome to the forum.

ill keep a tune in if i wanna switch bases, or if it has lyrics, otherwise theres no point really doing it for the sake, might as well put another tune in, stop ur mix from goin stale.

Back
Top Bottom