Driving me insane please help with my remix

Discussion in 'Production' started by Junglist_007, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Junglist_007

Junglist_007 learning difficulties

Am I pissing into the wind thinking I can do this. I got a master of a track I want to remix. The guitar, bass, DI bass, amp bass, vocals, drums and FX etc... But for life of me i can't get vocals and guitar to stay at original BPM which is 75BPM. I wanna remix the track at 175BPM. I cut the kick, snare and hats up, got nice sound out of them. Problem is the vocals and guitar are running to fast, I wanna keep original BPM of them but run the track at 175BPM. I've watched youtube videos looked on net but nothing seems to work :(
    I tryed time stretch in Logic 9 but it keeps telling me "The requested action can not be performed because the edited file is Follow Temp enabled, or is an Apple Loop"? I'm using Logic 9.

I listen to other DnB remixes such as TC and DC Breaks there vocals seem to be correct. I just feel like giving up i been siting here 3 days trying to work it out. But I don't want to give up though. Am I doing somthing wrong? or is it impossible to do this with Logic?

You guys are my last hope lol PLEASE help me. Many thanks :)

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

75bpm will not sit happily in a track running at 175bpm, you could have them at 87.2bpm, sorry if i'm stating the obvious ;)

If you want the audio to play at its original speed then you dont want timestreching on it at all, switch it off for that clip

3. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

logic 9? research some you tube videos on the flex time feature. i think it will be your answer.

4. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

u could just take a clip of the vocal an use that and do a half assed remix thats what id do

5. Junglist_007

Junglist_007 learning difficulties

Cheers for the replys guys. I look up flex time didn't know about that.

6. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

yeah, flex time is pretty f*cking wild.