Drum & Bass Drive

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by subprime, Dec 30, 2012.

1. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Made myself finish one, been ages just making loops and not getting anywhere.

All feedback is good!

Cheers, Dan

2. kdk

kdk Member

Good crunchy bass. It starts really abruptly; you could put in more of an intro if you wanted, or maybe not start with as much going on. Nice drop at :45. I like the added drum voice coming in at 1:07. The whole track is good and boom-y on the low end. By about 2:00 I do want a bit more to be going on... which happens about 2:15, nice. :) The breakdown is interesting, though I wonder if you could drop the drums out totally for a bit. The buildup at 3:20 goes on, maybe this part could be shortened. Good second drop.

Great track overall. There's room for pads, strings, piano, etc. at the high end of the EQ, and it might be interesting to add some for spice. Either way, it's a really good job.

3. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Thanks man, structure is what I struggle with at the minute. And I did try pads, strings, piano (and choir) to fill out the high end but I wasn't able to make anything work so I thought what the hell, nobody will notice, and what the hell? first poster notices. Nice one:mad:
    Thanks for the feedback!:)

4. Cosmic Mind

Cosmic Mind New Member

Very punchy track ;)
    but like kdk wrote I also would like to hear a bit more in the higher frequency space

5. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Punchy and filling out the spectrum? That's some pro stuff I'm way too lazy to figure out yet boss.o_O

6. JimpaDirt

JimpaDirt Vettvilling

I dont know why but the main bass reminds me a bit of mr oizo, perhaps because its kind of a weird sounding one. Not saying that its bad at all! Great drums aswell they are slamming trough nicely.

I also think it starts a bit too much up in my face, doesnt have to be pads or ambiental things but perhaps just lowpass it and raise the filter as an intro. But I think that somewhere it would b nice with some kind of breakdown to just rest your ears from the bass a while.

Great work man!

7. dieiscast

dieiscast Member

wow, shit... really fat track you got here... like a lot! like others said i would work on the intro. middle part is cool and crazy. probably a bit of variation would be good through out the track

8. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

9. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

10. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You could use some really splashy hats and symbols on the top just to fill out the song. The bass is sounding really nice and just plain fun. Reminds me of a angry pig telling of some other barn yard animals. Probably a chicken.
    You do have some structure issues but I think you know that.

11. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Good track, the bass is nice and dirty and that little vocal is a cool touch

I would try cutting the beat a few times for one or two bars just before those percussion changes to break it up a bit, and as mentioned the top end could be filled out a bit more

12. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Cheers for feedback guys, and IV4, in the second drop there's some of your bass, resampled, resampled, from that tune you put up for remix. Couldn't make a remix but I made half a gig of resampled bass, so there you go.

IV4 likes this.
  13. paracyte

paracyte Member

Really good tune mate, I like the buildup and the bass crunchiness, nice drums as well.
    keep it up.
    Cheers.

14. `ry4ndnb

`ry4ndnb Member

Good sound! Bassline is nice.

15. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You have no idea how happy that makes me! Thanks YOU!

16. lasiien

lasiien Meh

Liked this one allot, I don't think i can criticise anything tbh, nice tune. Though I am now hearing an angry pig as I read the comments above :)

17. Prideinyouride

Prideinyouride Member

Yes mate. Can't really fault it. Keep it up! Finishing a tracks the hardest part!

18. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

yeh real loud, hefty and beefy! if it were me on the drop id put a line of hi passed crashes with a big release for that white noisey feel , but then again i do that on all my tracks its just habit :( good job though! fat as hell