Drill music and knife crime

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45065986

So bit of a hot topic in the UK at the minute is how drill music is having an impact on violent crime and making it worst, my opinion on the matter is it's not drill music making this issue but the government cutting funding on youth programmes, a rise in homeless people around London due to financial difficulties and the whole brexit shit creating racial tension and segregating different groups in society causing a rise in gangs

But no it's all cause of a few fuckers going skrrrrrrrrrt apparently!

We have had violent music for years and for some reason the UK media is so geared up to try and blame drill music, hell they did the same with grime when I was younger, these kids are portraying what's going on around them in their music not making this music to increase the violence, and yeah I know drill artists are involved in gangs and that but surely they were before they started making this music?

Quite interested to see what you guys make of this shit

Tundra

Raggo
VIP Junglist
But they would have got killed anyway if they wasn't rapping about it, they would still be in gangs and still doing the same shit if they wasn't involved in drill music, yeah the music might be violent but it's not like some middle class white boy is gonna hear it and be like "you know what Edward, I'm really feeling these lyrics, why don't we go and stab some teenagers after cricket today"

Music portrays your surroundings, they are rapping about that stuff because that is what is going on around them

Shotty

HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN
VIP Junglist
But they would have got killed anyway if they wasn't rapping about it, they would still be in gangs and still doing the same shit if they wasn't involved in drill music, yeah the music might be violent but it's not like some middle class white boy is gonna hear it and be like "you know what Edward, I'm really feeling these lyrics, why don't we go and stab some teenagers after cricket today"

Music portrays your surroundings, they are rapping about that stuff because that is what is going on around them

don't feed the troll

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
What? You Brits have gangs going around and playing a bit of Slap and Tickle. Have you guys learned nothing from clockwork orange. Pin these fancy pants young gents down and give em the ol’ gee wilikers.

DeeGun

banned on facebook
VIP Junglist
LEL, this music sounds like shitty italian "rap".

Autotune should be banned, users should face the death penalty by a nice old fashioned stoning.

There are a lot of unemployed daesh cunts, let them do the job.

Experience n all that.

Teddy

60%
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
I’d prefer the sound of an actual drill.
Just sounds like shit rap/grime.
After listening to it I feel like killing myself and other people, so maybe they have a point.

They said the same bs in the 90s with gangsta rap. I wouldn’t say it encourages Ill behaviour (back once again for the renegade master) but young impressionable people may see these artists as cool, hip, funky fresh and what not, encouraging them to some extent to replicate the “life style”
Like a fat white kid from the burbs wearing an iverson jersey with his headgear on backwards listening to 2pac.

Meatloaf sung about doing anything for love and fuck me, some dudes do some real sick shit for the pussy. So why arent we banning meatloaf. Fuck Meatloaf!
The next time someone gets a restraining order they better search his Walkman for a meatloaf cassette.

Vydx

VIP Junglist
Apparently Drill originated in Chicago. Anyway, sounds like a scapegoat as others have said.

D

Deleted member 23164

Shirley if the only music avaliable was Radio3, violence might be less prevalent?

Violence is taught behaviour. Whether by music, tv, parents or peers. No baby is born a killer...

Imho.

Top Bottom