Dreamy sounds & short high tone things

BLoodstaiN`

Well i'll explain since the title isn't explaining much.

I've been messing around with FL studio a few months now, and i like it very much, but i can't make nice high / mid tones, Like a high toned bassline.

problem is making like, short sounds, a piano as example
that you can use everywhere and frequent just to make things sound good 'cause i've been making basslines for 2 months, all sorts of wobbles, and saw basslines and stuff, and that's practically how my first 2 tunes are made. just by cutting things from basslines that i made.

Once i'm off with that i won't be asking so much on this forum anymore, i'll be contributing more.

Well if it's high toned then it's not a bassline... I believe what you are wanting is actually a midrange bass with a subbass under it, which would give the illusion to it being all one sound.

As for making a sound short, play with your envelope settings is the most I can tell you because all I can get out of your post is that you want short sounds to play a lot.

For making dreamy sounds this might do the trick too along with some EQing and effect processing (phasing/flanging, delay, reverb are what I would suggest.)

Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated.
I'm working with the sytrus synth most of the time and if i go for mid range basses they sound ugly as hell, sort of a gloomy sound which i detest.

Stab synths are in ways synth sounds with a short release
Giving it short hits,
Atmospherics usually have a long release =]
This takes the sound longer to die

Then just plug it through some effects,
Chorus, reverb and a mild phaser will give it a bigger structure and mild movement

Back
Top Bottom