Drama -> 'JungleSound Gold' on BBK

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Just thought I'd help spread some of the biggest DnB related drama for a while! It all originated in this thread (400+ posts!) on DogsOnAcid if you can be arsed to read it.

Essentially, Breakbeat Kaos have just put out this CD:

(Click image for info)

And Pendulum had this to say about it:

anscenic pendulum said:
just gotta clear this up:

a) We had no prior knowledge of the release of this CD. The first we heard of it was on discussion forums linking it to the product being sold in shops.
b) We mixed the CD back in mid-2004 - therefore the mix, as well as our tracks included on the second disc, do not reflect the Pendulum sound of today (for better or worse, thats up to you ;])
c) We never intended nor agreed to release 'Masochist VIP' - I did it in about 30 minutes as something special to play out at a show. It was only given to Fresh and Adam F in low quality mp3 format for them to play out as DJ's - not to be released.
d) We didn't approve and in fact strongly disapprove of the 'Junglesound Gold' artwork, especially in relation to our name being unfairly used as an advertisement - plainly an attempt to link 'Junglesound Gold' to the recent success of 'Hold Your Colour'.

As a result of the above, we do not endorse 'Junglesound Gold' at all.

- Pendulum.
Would also like to add my comments that I posted on DOA:

sdm said:
Oh my god, I can't believe this thread happened the one day I wasn't at the PC all day during work.

Bastards!
icon9.gif

Chav XL and basil83, your pics made me laugh out loud, totally, thank you :uberlaugh

Pendulum - Always been a fan, you're smashing dudes (some of the nicest I've met in DnB), and I'll continue to buy and support your stuff when all this is over, good luck! :smoke: :thumbup:

My 2 cents, aaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :teeth:
omfg wtf bbq?! :slayer:

Yeah Rob (Ascenic) posted a Bulletin on Myspace about this problem. Then I went to DOA and got up to page 9 before my eyes fell out and skipped to the end. So many posts within a day, lol. That's some mad drama. So funny how everyone on that forum is trying to call out FRESH to respond and how the PENDULUM boys took down their BBK Avatar. Good stuff! :zest:

Ab0|2Ti0N said:
Yeah Rob (Ascenic) posted a Bulletin on Myspace about this problem. Then I went to DOA and got up to page 9 before my eyes fell out and skipped to the end. So many posts within a day, lol. That's some mad drama. So funny how everyone on that forum is trying to call out FRESH to respond and how the PENDULUM boys took down their BBK Avatar. Good stuff! :zest:
Yeah gotta love DOA for that ha ha!

Bring it!

say what you like about Pendulum these boys will not be taken for a ride. respect.
crap artwork anyway

Them boys got punk'd Hollywog'd style!

That entire DOA thread is bare jokes.

And Pendulum, kick them fucking pikey scammers (Dan & Adam) in the teef.

(y)

HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--HYPE--

JUNGLE SOUND GOLD

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Circles VIP 2000 - Adam F & TKO
2. Living Daylights - DJ Fresh
3. Kingston Vampires - DJ Fresh & Pendulum
4. Dreadlock - Future Prophecies (1)
5. Duppy Man - Chase & Status/Capleton
6. 8 Ball - Adam F
7. Therapy - Adam F & TKO
8. Hear My Voice - DJ Fresh
9. Masochist VIP - Pendulum (2)
10. Decade - Baron (3)
11. When The Sun Goes Down - DJ Fresh & Adam F
12. Matador - DJ Fresh
13. Karma - Guru

Disc: 2
1. Masochist - Pendulum (2)
2. Dreadlock - Future Prophecies (1)
3. Shakedown - Baron (3)
4. You Can't Touch - Dillinja
5. T Minus 10 - Distorted Minds
6. Voyager - Pendulum (2)
7. Living Daylights - DJ Fresh
8. When The Sun Goes Down - DJ Fresh & Adam F
9. Original Junglesound - Adam F
10. Therapy - Adam F & TKO
11. Circles VIP 2000 - Adam F & TKO
12. Hear My Voice - DJ Fresh
13. Labyrinth - Vandalz (1)
14. Submarines - DJ Fresh
15. Kingston Vampires - DJ Fresh & Pendulum
16. Foreigner - DJ Fresh
17. Another Planet - Pendulum (2)

JUNGLE SOUND 2 BASSLINE STRIKES BACK

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Circle - Adam F & TKO
2. Living Daylights - DJ Fresh
3. Kingston Vampires - DJ Fresh & Pendulum
4. Dreadlock - Future Prophesies
5. Labyrinth - Vandalz (1)
6. T 10 - Distorted Minds
7. You Can't Touch - Dillinja
8. When The Sun Goes Down - Adam F & DJ Fresh
9. Therapy - Adam F & TKO
10. Hear My Voice - DJ Fresh
11. Masochist - Pendulum (2)

Disc: 2
1. Masochist - Pendulum (2)
2. Dreadlock - Future Prophecies (1)
3. Shakedown - Baron (3)
4. You Can't Touch - Dillinja
5. T 10 - Distorted Minds
6. Voyager - Pendulum (2)
7. Living Daylights - DJ Fresh
8. When The Sun Goes Down - Adam F & DJ Fresh
9. Original Junglesound - Adam F
10. Therapy - Adam F
11. Circles - Adam F
12. Hear My Voice - DJ Fresh
13. Labyrinth - Vandalz (1)
14. Submarines - DJ Fresh
15. Kingston Vampires - DJ Fresh & Pendulum
16. Foreigner - DJ Fresh
17. Another Planet - Pendulum (2)

Fucking pisstake.

im guessing adam f has the contract and legal work down to a T so he can release what he wants and they are his artists essentially. Sucks big time having a verison of a tune you wanted for personal use only commercially released at full length. I hope rob gets some sort of revenge on fresh. He sold out with BBK along time ago, hopefully pendulum will get some decent backing and we will get a chance to hear some real music from them like their original tracks.

But i still say its a bunch of hype (DOA thread is now 45 pages long :O )

probably the most biggest and pointless drama of first quarter in 2006 on a bulletin board....

:gaywhite: x billion

Could be 'cos they are starting their "Planet Pendulum" label and Fresh and Adam F are fooked 'cos they're losing out on their label's money spinners so they are trying to make one last chunk of money of 'em

I heard that Pendulum only get 8% of proceeds from UK releases and 18% of ocerseas sales...also they can't even release atrack under their real names without BBK's permission...if this true then it just highlights that u should always get ur solicitor to check a contract !!!!!!:picsorstf

Stan Phase said:
I heard that Pendulum only get 8% of proceeds from UK releases and 18% of ocerseas sales...also they can't even release atrack under their real names without BBK's permission...if this true then it just highlights that u should always get ur solicitor to check a contract !!!!!!:picsorstf

You don't need a solicitor to tell you that that's a shit contract - and the Pendulum boys are hardly new to music - so I find that difficult to believe but then again stranger things have happened.

All through the JungleSound Gold thread, and then the followup threads, I've just been solid lolling. Just when you think it's over, the next round begins - fucking HILARIOUS.

As I missed the something or other Industries thread (wtf was that all about?) I feel newly enlightened having borne witness to the greatness that is the Junglesound Gold thread and its various progeny, it's all fucking hilarious. :D

Back
Top Bottom