Download this and free your RAM!

Data

Download this and free up your RAM!

Some of you will love this..

www.analogx.com.

Go to that link and download MAXMEM, it's a program which sits in the tray on the bottom right of your screen. What it does it, show you how much memory you have left available.

Thing is, with a lot of programs, they leak memory. So after using your computer for a while, it will crash. What this program does is, monitor the memory and wipes it clear of anything that shouldn't be there. See the icon turn to red, one click and it's green.

This has helped me loads! My machine crashes very rarely now..

=DATA=

Direct Link :

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/system/maxmem.htm

Originally posted by overturn
Have u got any clue why my cpu usage is always about 65% ????

that's well dodgy! how fast is your processor??

my best guess is you've got a shed load of background processes running..... Virus checkers, firewalls, Winamp / Realplayer lanuchers, silly stupid things that are never needed anyway!!

check your startup folders (C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Startup on 2000/XP, C:\WINDOWS\Startup on '98), you wanna clear that folder of everything that isnt absolutely essential!

Another thing to check is the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run, and do the same there, delete the fuck out of anything you dont like.

Look out specially for Norton products, norton anti-virus, norton personal firewall, norton system monitor etc etc, all those things hog resources like shit..... look for alternatives!!!! instead of norton antivirus, use Trend PC-Cillin. Instead of personal firewall, use Tiny Personal Firewall or Zonealarm. Instead of system monitor, use nothing cos you dont need that shit anyway :D

antivir is a light virus fuckup proggy. and i say it's better than that pc-silly stuff. i had a w32 virus called parite, it fucked up all my exe files... a real wanker and the latest version of pc-cillin was helpless before it. i kept having error messages about infected files every ten seconds. then i got antivir and no more parite!

bit offtopic but anyway.

maxmem is übernice, helps a lot!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Omtrak
antivir is a light virus fuckup proggy. and i say it's better than that pc-silly stuff. i had a w32 virus called parite, it fucked up all my exe files... a real wanker and the latest version of pc-cillin was helpless before it. i kept having error messages about infected files every ten seconds. then i got antivir and no more parite!

bit offtopic but anyway.

maxmem is übernice, helps a lot!

yeh i dont think pc-cillin does a very good job of cleaning your computer up after a virus attack. But for stopping virus's getting on there it's just as good as Norton :thumbsup:

Originally posted by sketchy
Maxmem gave me bluescreen.. :-\

RamBooster works for me.. seems a bit nicer actually..

yeah rambooster works good for me too, but i havent really needed to use it since i installed more RAM, it never goes below 40% free now :D

maxmem seems to be workin fine, thanks for the info.

and all notron products blow. try McCaffee antivirus an/or firewall. i have hjad it on 2 machines, 2 operating systems. seems to work seamlessly for me!

(ps- carefull with zonealarm.. i work for an ISP and have seen MEGA problems with it on older OS like win 95 - ME)

Back
Top Bottom