Download Business

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Yorkshire Tony, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Yorkshire Tony

Yorkshire Tony Active Member

Please explain to me how no one gets caught downloading from sites such as rapidshare and megaupload etc etc……….

I always use these sites to download peoples mixes and things, but wouldn’t use them for retail albums/singles…simply due to the internet police! It seems that torrents and file sharing website are constantly shut down and people fined, so how do these 2 seem different to the rest?

2. Osime

Osime Official Japanese Student

Don't you have to pay to join these sites? I've never used them that's why I ask.

3. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

i always thought you would be fine with rapidshare and so on, cause i dont think they will give their connections away etc
    plus most of the files are with passwords and named strangely..

4. Osime

Makes sense.

5. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

i dont know anyone who has been caught for illegally downloading nor do i know of anyone who has got one of those letters from their isp that they are meant to send out! its prob just scare tactix

6. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

I've been downlaoding films from megaupload/sendspace/rapidshare etc etc for years now with no negative repurcussions.

I believe with copyright issues, with these hosting sites, it is upto them to police what is hosted & what isn't, therefore if somebody d/l's something, especially if its under an unrelated filename, which most sensible people do when hosting retail stuff...

Then the arguement that the end user thought they were d/ling something else is too strong & it is far easier & more lucrative for "internet police" (whoever they're) to sue/reprimand the hosting sites or ISPs, but then they're covered by the fact they cannot monitor EVERYTHING thats uploaded & the fact that unless you're rinsing bare CP your ISP couldn't give a flying fuck!

Basically, don't worry too much lol.

Unless you're block downloading tonnes of fresh films/albums or whatever & distributing them on a mass physical or digital scale, you won't even register on the radar.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  7. SmallVictoriez

SmallVictoriez Teen Pop Sensation

Torrenting films is really the risky business.. Been doing it so long now though, never seen a letter from my ISP.

Peerguardian 2 is rather good at telling you if a torrent is being monitored. I just don't download stuff thats just in theaters or on the week its released to dvd.

8. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i have had a rapidshare account that i pay for for about 5 years now....

i have never had ny problems, and i know a lot of ppl who aso have rapidshare accounts who download tonnes of stuff. i dont know why these sites are safe.... mind u i never heard of anyone downoading music or films being busted. only time i know someone who been busted was from downloading a game

9. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

thats just it, there is no internet police. the government are trying to persuade ISPs to disconnect pirating customers, but why would they disconnect people who make them money?

10. Osime