DOWN WITH PENDULUM

hes got an awesome face never seen any1 who looks like him :D

and hes got a hell of a lot of talent

he pretty much is pendulum

but aye back to the whole "sell out" thing

all i have to say is good on them....No 2 in the Uk albums charts?
id love to be able to do that :)

and i dont think they r in it for the money
i think they just got noticed for having a very individual sound
they just kinda got dragged into it all
and before they know it they were huge

i think they r awesome :)

hes got an awesome face never seen any1 who looks like him :D

and hes got a hell of a lot of talent

he pretty much is pendulum

but aye back to the whole "sell out" thing

all i have to say is good on them....No 2 in the Uk albums charts?
id love to be able to do that :)

and i dont think they r in it for the money
i think they just got noticed for having a very individual sound
they just kinda got dragged into it all
and before they know it they were huge

i think they r awesome :)
im all for fusing different styles together..but there must be a balance.
Thier Pack of Wovles remix was the way to do it, if that way released today i wouldnt have a problem with it.

I also dont like the way zane lowe promotes them...saying that they are the pioneers of dnb, if they were everyone in dnb would love them(its kinda the opposite).
Id say chase and status should be where pendulum are now, they are more talented and more versatile..they would also ''keep it real'' i imagine.

see to be fair
zane lowe is a bit of a twat
and who knows if rob swire actually said those things?
i cant imagine him saying it really

i think the way they have merged rock and DnB is sooo interesting
and it does work (for me anyways)
at the end of the day its down to personal taste
i think "in silico" shows a bit more about the personalities of the band
they all have metal/rock/punk influences

it is a good album but not in the traditional DnB sense i admit

but that doesn't stop it from being an awesome album
i think the structure, lyrics, balance and flow is flawless

i also think that "hold your colour" was a seriously good album
and very difficult to top, but i think that by not making the same
album all over again, just to please people was a good idea

they r musicians.....they r creative people

why r they being crucified for this? :S

dont know if ppl have seen this http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?postid=7934257#post7934257
its what rob s put after the stale pig heart comment.

do i personally think dnb is dead? fuck no. its sounding better than it has for the last 3 years, and i'm loving the resurgeance of the old-school sound used in an innovative way (like that new track by mistabishi).

my only real problem with dnb (which i also tried to point out with my other post but fucked it up)... is the insular thinking that sometimes pollutes every electronic scene. when people don't look outside their given genre / scene for musical inspiration, things tend to get boring and tired very quickly. the music goes in circles, repeating itself...the amount of fans never changes, new people aren't attracted to the scene to give it fresh input and shit gets stale very quickly. all the drum n bass i have really liked since i got into it sounded like it took inspiration from different places...

its worth a read.

i feel sorry for rob swire :(

hes worked his arse off for something he loves

i think he was right to rise above it all :/

but...but...he said said that DnB was dead and the rest

tricycle.gif

FUCK ROB SWIRE!!!HES A CUNT!!!Pendulum are fuckin shit!They always were and alwayswill be.They have no rights to sell out a scene that they are only in to make money out of!

Re: DOWN WITH PENDULUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i feel sorry for rob swire

If he loved it so much he would try to make decent fuckin tunes would he not?
He only cares about his fuckin bank balance!
Roni Size won the mercury music prize by making one of the genre defining albums that got dnb noticed in the first place and while I personally dont like his new stuff at least he is selling records without pandering to the commercial sensibilities of a music market that only cares about sales and image.I mean, whats next Pendulum rmx of Girls Aloud(wont be to far off).Those fuckers played Download lat year and that is a rock festival(that taints rock too,I grew up listening to metal and they have no rights to sell that out either).They would be better goin back to the Antipodes and sellin their shit ass fake dnb down there(although I do like Aussies a lot and I wouldnt wish to inflict those fuckers on our poor Australian brethren)Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but that cunt Swires was in the papers today hatin poeple on this very forum who have the "audacity"to say how wank his tunes are.DnB has never been about commercial success,and never should be.He may have sold records but if that is his priority then he has no place in this scene

.Id rather listen to Basshuter or Bonkers than those fake ass "dnb" fucks!!!
QUOTE]

i draw the line there..i hate basshunter more than pendulum
(p.s I said this just to illustrate a point dude I dont really like them man) will be.They have no rights to sell out a scene that they are only in to make money out of!

Re: DOWN WITH PENDULUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i feel sorry for rob swire

If he loved it so much he would try to make decent fuckin tunes would he not?
He only cares about his fuckin bank balance!
Roni Size won the mercury music prize by making one of the genre defining albums that got dnb noticed in the first place and while I personally dont like his new stuff at least he is selling records without pandering to the commercial sensibilities of a music market that only cares about sales and image.I mean, whats next Pendulum rmx of Girls Aloud(wont be to far off).Those fuckers played Download lat year and that is a rock festival(that taints rock too,I grew up listening to metal and they have no rights to sell that out either).They would be better goin back to the Antipodes and sellin their shit ass fake dnb down there(although I do like Aussies a lot and I wouldnt wish to inflict those fuckers on our poor Australian brethren)Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but that cunt Swires was in the papers today hatin poeple on this very forum who have the "audacity"to say how wank his tunes are.DnB has never been about commercial success,and never should be.He may have sold records but if that is his priority then he has no place in this scene

.Id rather listen to Basshuter or Bonkers than those fake ass "dnb" fucks!!!
QUOTE]

i draw the line there..i hate basshunter more than pendulum
(p.s I said this just to illustrate a point dude I dont really like them man)

see to be fair
zane lowe is a bit of a twat
and who knows if rob swire actually said those things?
i cant imagine him saying it really

i think the way they have merged rock and DnB is sooo interesting
and it does work (for me anyways)
at the end of the day its down to personal taste
i think "in silico" shows a bit more about the personalities of the band
they all have metal/rock/punk influences

it is a good album but not in the traditional DnB sense i admit

but that doesn't stop it from being an awesome album
i think the structure, lyrics, balance and flow is flawless

i also think that "hold your colour" was a seriously good album
and very difficult to top, but i think that by not making the same
album all over again, just to please people was a good idea

they r musicians.....they r creative people

why r they being crucified for this? :S

They are bein crucified cos they suck,not because they "merge rock and dnb"(which they dont,incidentally).They have no talent,but thats ok cos they have a huge ammount of arrogance to fill in for talent.Ifpendulum were not makin money they would not be in this scene.While I agree wholeheartedly that the scene needs personalities in it, these personalities should actually have some discernable talent to back them up not just a bucket load of swagger and bravado!Anyway enuff of the Pendulum shit as it is givin me fuckin wind!

dudes there is like no point in me even saying anymore

ur minds are made up

but i think pendulum deserve more credit

it is not their fault that they have been noticed by commercial music listeners.
people just need to realise that this happens, bands get big and appeal to new people and as usual every1 is too quick to jump on the "ur a sellout"
bandwagon. i think its wrong to say someone has sold out because they have taken their music in a different direction. also pendulum do not state that they r purely DnB they have always admitted that they are a fusion of different genres and they seem proud of it.
they have a unique sound and good on them for it!

Yes i fucking do LOLOL

wtf i got it confused with a Leftfield tune, which happens to be pretty fucking good too

thanks for clearing it up Brock

I have heard it and its one of the many reasons that I think they are shit!!They are no talent pussieswho WILL make the scene capitulate into a turgid stinking mess.I t has happened to every other "underground" form of music that has become commercial(look at the state of metal,Bullet For My Valentine,anyone?)What really gives me gas is the fact that fucking Rob Swires has quoted that they are the only poeple in dnb who are pushing boundaries when they are actually the ones who WILL make the scene fall to market forces.There are loads o poeple in dnb today who are pushing boundaries(Limewax,The Sect,Evol Intent......too many to list)so why not pay them lip service instead of pandering to the Sun newspapers idea of what the dnb scene should be about(They called Goldie a rap DJ for fucks sake.....)Rob Swires bein in the Sun is just proof of what I am saying,that he is selling out a scene that he has no rights to.There has always been this interest in keeping dnb free from the horrific influences of commerciallity(the whole General Levy thing in the 90s for example)and this whole Pendulum debacle shows that the desire to protect the scene is still there.By all means listen to Pendulum that is your choice just dont try to justify Rob Swires inane rantings about the dnb scene.

come on pendulum hatters , just a few more comments and we are at 100,

PLEASE STOP COMING ON HERE AND PRAISING THEM, THIS IS A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO BITCH ABOUT THEM

PEACE

:P

but i do think their shit sucks now.... ive even seen their name featured as a song on a cell phone commercial. totally gay!

Back
Top Bottom