Down Under DnB Freak!

mtycer

Howz it, everyone!!

Just wanted to introduce myself. What to say? Well, I am from the good ole U S of A, but I have been living in New Zealand for the past 7 years. This place is just awesome!! You've got to make it down here, really. The DnB scene is just going off right now!! Concord Dawn and Chris.SU and Noisia are touring this month.

My favs at the moment are Ben Sage, Black Sun Empire, Teebee, Future Prophecies, Noisia (and Drifter), Calyx, Chris.SU, Pendulum and many others. Always looking for more dope beats!

Okay, I've rambled on enough for now.

Peace All

Yeah man, they're outrageous. This/last year's New Years bash was off the charts. It was called PHAT06 and was probably the best DnB gig I've ever been to. It was on a mountain top way away from anything even remotely resembling civilization. This place was truly amazing. There are these crazy gently sloping sinkholes everywhere that are carpeted with short grass. They sent up tents and PAs in these holes and its like a natural ampitheatre. Truly impressive. This year we had Digital, Pendulum, Concord Dawn, Total Science, Teebee, Klute and a few others I can't remember. Check out this link for a few pictures of the madness: http://flickr.com/photos/tags/phat06/

Super sick show!! They will probably have it every year, so if you ever get a chance you should check it out!

Fuck man that venue looks awesome, sort of resembles a couple of outdoor venues around here. One thing though our outdoor parties are more around may-august but definately not Dec 31st, there would probably be snow on the ground.

You might be sick of looking at photos now, but if you go to http://www.phatclub.co.nz/ and check out the galleries (they use frames so I can't give you the direct link) you can see some even better pics as well as some of the other wicked places we have parties in NZ (definately look at the first picture in the PHAT05 gallery, which gives a great aerial shot of the venue).

Where abouts are you? Must be Northern Hemisphere and well above the equator if your getting snow.

I thought "Down Under" was where my balls swung...until I was about 8 yerars old :mr_cool:
Wickid venue though...NZ is meant to be very beautiful...but a bit wot and wundy....welcome m8

Last edited:
mtycer said:
Howz it, everyone!!

Just wanted to introduce myself. What to say? Well, I am from the good ole U S of A, but I have been living in New Zealand for the past 7 years. This place is just awesome!! You've got to make it down here, really. The DnB scene is just going off right now!! Concord Dawn and Chris.SU and Noisia are touring this month.

My favs at the moment are Ben Sage, Black Sun Empire, Teebee, Future Prophecies, Noisia (and Drifter), Calyx, Chris.SU, Pendulum and many others. Always looking for more dope beats!

Okay, I've rambled on enough for now.

Peace All

Damn, my mates just moved out there
icon6.gif

He said its shit hot & everyones well up for it!

Welcome!

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sheep - Yeah, Down Under does usually refer to Oz as it is the bigger and better known country, but NZ is also included. I think it is a general reference to the Sth Hemishpere, but don't quote me on that.

Stan Phase - You hit the nail on the head! It is wicked, but the wet and especially the wind drives me crazy sometimes!!

Bad Ace - Reapa's got a nice website, and some nice tunes as well!! I liked both Feel 4 U and 100%. Keep em coming . . .

mISHKA - What part of NZ are your friends in? If they haven't found it already, point them toward http://bassdrop.co.nz/mainsite/ which has all the info on NZ DnB. And they're right, everyone is up for it. As beautiful a place as it is, it is the people that really make it happen down here. Gotta come check it out!!

Peace All!!

ahhhhhhh i wasn't go to go there and just go to OZ now i might just have to......
hi by the way ;)

Back
Top Bottom